Sponsored by:

Ebay 356...

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 11:08 PM
Baggerdude
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Ebay 356...

Click here: eBay Motors: Porsche : 356 (item 4640733592 end time May-20-06 17:56:06 PDT)

Anybody know anything about this car? Not my color, but who knows.

PPI in Colorado? Who would do such?

Also, what would be a good price.

Sorry for being such a noob.... but, either I buy a coupe or buy a replica with a bigger motor and modern stuff. (sigh...) I'm still undecided.

Thanx... BAGGER
Old 05-19-2006, 11:31 PM
Baggerdude
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Sorry....

I am an idiot.... sorry....

Try this link....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4639866239
Old 05-20-2006, 01:02 PM
ventoGT
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think you'll be getting any deals out of these guys--they spent too much money to restore and resell a coupe...I would be looking for the engine and tranny numbers to make sure it is numbers matching. Interior looks restored to a good standard with apparently correct materials [creases ain the seats, etc].

With his buy it now of $40K, I assume his reserve is damned close to that. My opinion, keep looking--you shouldn't spend that much for a coupe unless it is a pristine A in my opinion. The badge on the fender appears incorrect as well [on this, I may be wrong]. I was under the impression that all of the 1963+ Cars were made at Karmann [although that may have just been the 64 and 65 C cars] so they don't have badges. I'm not sure if the Karmann built cars ever had badges after the late 50s, but someone else [Pedro, Robert, JoAnne, etc] will have to chime in on that.

You can find a very nice, well sorted, top condition C coupe [maybe even an SC] for high $20Ks to low $30Ks. This guy probably looked at BJ and Kruse auctions over the last year and watched morons get into bidding wars only to pay 40-50% more for cars that are at best good condition cars.

My advice--keep looking. Most of the cars that I have seen go on eBay are from dealers who want to make a bunch of money or people who don't have passion for the cars and want to cash in on unsuspecting bidders.
Old 05-20-2006, 01:59 PM
Jay Laifman
Pro

Actually it looks pretty nice. Seats and dash top done right. Right distributor, no 050 or 009. I don't know about prices at top end these days. T6 B's did have body builder badges. I'd definitely suggest a PPI and further investigation.
Old 05-21-2006, 11:14 AM
ventoGT
Three Wheelin'

Yes, I agree the restoration looks like a nice job, but the B coupe cars have always been [and will probably always be] the most unloved of the 356s [next to maybe the Karman Notchbacks]--I'm not knocking the cars, heck I own one! I'm just saying that there is nothing special about the B models really [except the the T-6 B Cars have the exterior looks of the C cars].

The C introduced the disc brakes, more powerful base motor, and several other new changes, and the older A had the beautiful, classic body.

It all comes down to what you want, but $40K is top, top, top dollar for a B coupe, regardless of condition.

Quick Reply: Ebay 356...