Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

356 clone or the real deal...?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 06:43 PM
Miguel
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

964RSphil and Steve, I wasn't talking about 26 and/or 35.. I was talking 29.
Now, seriously, my reply was directed at this CS77 guy who was totally disrespectfull to people who weren't agressive to him... It is not my thread, I don't own a 356, I just happened on this forum and watched, aghast, at the violence contained in one so young, so unsure and yet so full of himself. I' m very sorry if I was misinterpreted.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:39 PM
Baggerdude
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts
Default OK..... OK....

Wow...!! I really appreciate all the information you folks have provided. That's what is so great about these boards.

As much as I would like a REAL 356... like a '56-'58 coupe.... I can't find one in the range that I wanna spend and still have a car that I can drive anytime I want. This is just too bad.

I'd love to find a really great car for $34K USDs.... that probably won't happen. But, I can buy... have built... a replica/clone for about that and drive it anywhere without a problem. With more ponies under the bonnet, better handling, better ergos, real heat/AC, modern suspension/brakes, crumple zones and such.

Where would I go wrong? Possibly with a VW based car. IF....IF.... I were to buy a clone, it would be a water cooled car... 165-200 HP. And, no rust, too. Wow..!!

Well, I haven't made up my mind, yet. I'll try to contact some folks here in the Northeast, or Connecticut ... and see if I can look at their REAL cars and the clones, too. I'm in no hurry, but would like to make the right choice for me.
Old 06-10-2006, 04:23 PM
Freddy
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 9 Posts

Forget about clones.

Whoever tells you a clone is ok has no idea what he is talking about.

It is pure rubbish.

A clone is like a travesty... it does not matter how nice or how much money you invest on it to resemble the original or to try to make it better (if you want it to be better than the original, buy any modern coupe or roadster). You may foul the others but YOU always know what you have ;-)

Buy the best possible original 356 for your wallet, but don't waste your money on fakes. The original will always payback the investment in pure pleasure and money.

Regarding the 996: Oh yes... they are very good cars... for Porsche profits - I think Ferry committed suicide when he first saw were his name was going to be used. It is the worst 911 Porsche did in its entire existence.

Guys like cs77 should do their homework instead of offending us real Porsche fans and owners with fiberglass POS and his lack of culture and education.

Freddy
Old 06-11-2006, 09:37 AM
964RSphil
Instructor

not sure i totally agree with your sweeping comment on that any one who says clones are ok is speaking rubbish......

I drive the 356A coupe clone pictured in this thread and own two real porsche's...a 964RS and a 1968 912. I love my clone for what it is and the fact that I can mod it to my hearts content and go crazy with the motor without fear really makes it appealing. Its not a real 356 and never will be but it takes the best bits ie the way it looks and adds it with affordable vw bits.

not sure whether its been mentioned but surly the fact that its put together using parts from the 356 spiritual forbearer goes some way!
Old 06-19-2006, 05:03 PM
cs77
Track Day

Freddy, if you would like I can send you a list of my academic credentials and built point some selected professional accomplishments. Or are you looking for IQ test scores ?

To your point of PCars made for profits, could you talk to me about your PORSCHE SUV in the collage you so modestly put together and explain it's place in Porsche Core Values? I would like to pursue your feelings there since you are so worldy and well rounded........vai se foder

Last edited by cs77; 06-19-2006 at 05:26 PM.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:32 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Received 312 Likes on 138 Posts

OH MY GOSH, HE (CS77) IS BACK!!!

I'd better take my POS cars and run!!!!! But then how can I run if I've shoved my toe up Robert's ****!!!

I've just read through this thread for the first time since my initial post and now understand why Robert isn't posting here anymore. It's sort of hard to understand when someone tears into you personally when he doesn't know anything about what you own or have owned, especially when they are brand new to Rennlist...
Steve, Thanks for the kind words about our cars. We would be proud for you to own one of our cars. We do take great pride in our 356's. If CS77 ever bothered to reseach the the cars on Rennlist that he had called a POS, maybe he would not have..... After all Max was a true Outlaw.

I still have hope in humanity.

JoAnne
Old 06-19-2006, 08:47 PM
cs77
Track Day

Hold on, let me go get my wife to respond in my defense. I do not want to look like I am picking on a lady.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:10 PM
ked
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

geez JoAnne, let's not let some opinionated charm school drop-out run Robert off!
& we all know the real pros at 356 irritation are over on the 356 TalkServe anyway.
(& they generally know what they're talking about, too).
Are y'all going to Dana Pt this year?
Old 06-19-2006, 09:31 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by ked
we all know the real pros at 356 irritation are over on the 356 TalkServe anyway.

That is TOOOOOOOO FUNNY!!!!!!

To answer your question, No we are not going to make the drive out to Dana Point this year. 1400+ miles for a show is a little crazy, but then we are a little crazy aren't we?? Last year we did the show because we sold Max to a fellow in So. Cal. The Dana Point show was our last hurrah with Max before we delivered the car to him.
We finally received the DVD of the Dana Point show a couple of weeks ago and they did a long feature of Max. It brought me to tears. I really got to know Max up close and personal. It was such a BEAST!!!

Oh Max............... I miss you so........................

JoAnne

Last edited by RJT; 06-19-2006 at 11:13 PM. Reason: (sp)
Old 06-19-2006, 11:29 PM
ked
Addict
Rennlist Member

I understand. It might be tough to bump into it again (pardon the pun) so soon.
I may go, I'm trying to talk a friend into showing a special '64 he just acquired out of a collection.
It spent its early years in SoCal, but we'd have to trailer it out there from Bama - too valuable to drive cross-continent on I40... & pretty boring. Also, I understand that trailering a 356 to CA can be an adventure.
We shall see!

Here's a nice '64 SC sr Coupe I recently delivered to Albuquerque. Steady 3500-4500 rpm the whole way, 28-30mpg!, including dicing w/ trucks for a piece of the road West of Memphis in a torrential downpour. a good 356 is a great daily driver -a great one is incomparable!
Attached Images  
Old 06-19-2006, 11:34 PM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts

i dont care if i get banned for saying this, because i know im my heart of hearts that im right.

CS77, quit being a ****ing troll. go back under the rock you once came from. you are just another *** hat poser, who has no ****ing clue of what they are talking about. you give enthusiests with kit cars bad names.. wait.. the difference is those guys are enthusiests, while youre just an *** hole trying to compensate for what you clearly dont have. People like Robert are the reason i love these cars, and the reason why i go to these forums. Robert has always been kind, generous, and extremely knowledgeable. We should be so lucky that we have people like him and Jo Anne on this forum. People like you, on the other hand are the reason why i visit less and less any more. why? because all you do is fill these forums with your bull **** and negativity. all i can say is **** you, to you and all the other c*** s****** on this forum who have destroyed what was once a great place. If this is what rennlist has turned into them I'm out of here with robert.

FWIW, i have nothing against kit cars. I do have somthing against *** holes and ******.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:44 PM
ked
Addict
Rennlist Member

Harry, Banned? Enshrined!
I think you've just crafted the Semi-Official Rennlist "You Sir, Are Invited to Leave, Thank You & Have a Nice Life" notice!
Old 06-20-2006, 12:29 AM
RJT
Lifetime Member

OH MY GOOOOOOOSH HARRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow!!!!!!!!

I'm speechless............ and I'm never, EVER speechless..........................

All I can say is if John D. pulls your plug, then well, I'm outta here too. You have been a Rennlist favorite with your stories of your cross country travels, mishaps and triumphs for what seems like FOREVER. If some Newbie who has only 6 posts (all posted in a negative / deragatory tone and all 6 only in this thread) can cause this much trouble and get away with it and you get banned, like I said, I don't want to be here either............

WOW!!!!!!!

JoAnne
Old 06-20-2006, 12:47 AM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts

sorry it just had to be said, i couldnt help it. i usually try to keep my cool, but this guy just set me off. no one messes with the people i respect, admire, and care about, especially to this degree.

of all the people i have met in the various porsche communities across the country, both in person, and online, I hold you and robert in the highest regard. I have learned more from both of you on so many levels through our conversations, as well as reading various other posts you guys have made. And i know both of you have a huge tollerence for bull, but if somone can push you guys out, then it must be pretty bad. not only that, but ive been sick of alot of the trolls and people with no regard or respect for others on rennlist for a while now. i guess this guy just finally set me off (and rightfully so!)
Old 06-20-2006, 03:32 PM
Freddy
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 9 Posts

cs77, I do not need to see your IQ scores to understand what you are.

I do not know how losers like you are allowed to be in a list like this.

Please dear monitor delete this unnamed individual with 6 negative posts from here...

Regarding the Cayenne and Porsche profits... all I can tell you is that the Cayenne is my wife's car used to take the kids to school and groceries home from the supermarket. It is just another SUV and my contribution to Porsche today for the great cars they delivered to us in the past.

It is time for you to go and get a life.

Freddy

Quick Reply: 356 clone or the real deal...?