My 356 Christmas present

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 01:29 PM
MarkPcar
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 356 Christmas present

My lovely wife had this done for my Christmas present - big 30"x40". I think I'll change my avatar.

Last edited by MarkPcar; 01-10-2013 at 02:03 PM.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:47 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 341 Likes on 152 Posts

Robert and I just saw it on OT. WOW!!! It's beautiful. Who's the artist?
It sure is better than what I gave myself for Christmas....

JoAnne
Old 12-27-2005, 02:10 PM
MarkPcar
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Thanks JoAnne, didn't Santa treat you well???

The artist is Wei Liang, we have 3 other paintings of his and he has always been one of my favorites. He's based in Seattle, here is the galleries info on him:
http://www.gunnarnordstrom.com/dynam...sp?ArtistID=16

Happy new year!
Old 12-27-2005, 04:12 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Oh Santa did alright. I'm the one who messed up. I had a root canal on the 21st and tore my left Rotator Cuff on the 24th. Merry Christmas!!!
Ho, Ho HO!!!!! I'm off to the MRI right now.....

JoAnne
Old 12-27-2005, 06:22 PM
MarkPcar
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Ah geez and I thought I was bad scheduling hernia surgery on the 16th - get well soon, car/racing season is coming.

Any chance you two will be at the Daytona 24? I'm taking my dad as a father/son bonding deal. Should be fun!
Old 12-28-2005, 12:33 AM
Pedro356C
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey JoAnne...the new avatar looks like the Corona's commercial..."Change your latitude..."!
Old 12-28-2005, 12:11 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by MarkPcar
Ah geez and I thought I was bad scheduling hernia surgery on the 16th - get well soon, car/racing season is coming.

Any chance you two will be at the Daytona 24? I'm taking my dad as a father/son bonding deal. Should be fun!

Not this year. I'm still waiting on the doctors to read my MRI and let me know if I'll need surgery or not. Plus I have to go in on the 17th and have the Dentist finish up my root canal. It was a "special" one that needed to be done in two steps. Soooooo there goes the month of January and maybe Feb!!! Sorry to hear about your surgery. Those hernia jobs ain't no walk in the park either.....

Pedro, that's Robert doing his best "What I did on my summer vacation" pose. I can post mine as an avatar if you'd like. I think you guys would enhjoy it more...

JoAnne
Old 12-28-2005, 12:13 PM
Pedro356C
Drifting

I miss the toe with the crest!!!!
Old 12-28-2005, 12:19 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Pedro356C
I miss the toe with the crest!!!!
Your wish is my command!!!!

J
Old 12-28-2005, 02:28 PM
Dan V
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow - now that's what I call art. That's a seriously cool painting.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:03 PM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts

sorry to hear about the shoulder Jo. i tore my right one playing baseball a few years back. not fun at all. never went with surgury though since it wasnt necessary if i wasnt going to be playing again.

did they inject the dye into your shoulder and do an arthroscope with that long *** needle to look at the damage? that was certainly alot of fun

hope youre feeling better soon.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:29 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by hoffman912
sorry to hear about the shoulder Jo. i tore my right one playing baseball a few years back. not fun at all. never went with surgury though since it wasnt necessary if i wasnt going to be playing again.

did they inject the dye into your shoulder and do an arthroscope with that long *** needle to look at the damage? that was certainly alot of fun
hope youre feeling better soon.
No they did an MRI. I'll know on Friday how bad it is. It feels better today as long as I don't move it. Really, Today I can pull my own pants up without Robert's help. He still has to help me put my tops (and bras ) on since I can't move my left arm higher than my waist. What a pain............. Yesterday I was so medicated that I can't remember anything that happened after the MRI. I didn't know what we ate for dinner, what we talked about or the fact that I called my cousin TWICE about the same thing. I don't even remember being on the phone. I know I was on the Computer. What the heck was I typing anyway???? Sheeze.....

Sorry Mark for highjacking your thread....

JoAnne
Old 12-28-2005, 08:11 PM
Pedro356C
Drifting

Originally Posted by RJT
Your wish is my command!!!!

J
Oh Boy...this French manicure is a brain surgeon's job! Thanks for the revival... One of the Reenlist greatest Avatars...

Hi Mark...your RS #232 makes my heart beats fast!!! What a car...do you drive this car frequently? Would you mind to post some extra pics...it's purrrre perfection! Bend is definitely the Porsche city! Have a Black Butte Porter for me...great winter beer...
Old 12-28-2005, 08:20 PM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by RJT
No they did an MRI. I'll know on Friday how bad it is. It feels better today as long as I don't move it. Really, Today I can pull my own pants up without Robert's help. He still has to help me put my tops (and bras ) on since I can't move my left arm higher than my waist. What a pain............. Yesterday I was so medicated that I can't remember anything that happened after the MRI. I didn't know what we ate for dinner, what we talked about or the fact that I called my cousin TWICE about the same thing. I don't even remember being on the phone. I know I was on the Computer. What the heck was I typing anyway???? Sheeze.....

Sorry Mark for highjacking your thread....

JoAnne

oh ok, when i tore mine they did both an arthroscope and mri at the same time, didnt know if you had both or not.

yeah its certanly a real pain. be glad youre not doing concourse anymore -anytime i work under a car now, my arm will hurt pretty badly for a few days.

hope you have a speedy recovery. let us know how it goes.
Old 12-30-2005, 09:15 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by hoffman912
oh ok, when i tore mine they did both an arthroscope and mri at the same time, didnt know if you had both or not.

yeah its certanly a real pain. be glad youre not doing concourse anymore -anytime i work under a car now, my arm will hurt pretty badly for a few days.

hope you have a speedy recovery. let us know how it goes.
Went to the Surgeon today and he said the MRI did reveal that I tore My Rotator Cuff. However, where and how it tore was in a place that can heal almost 100% on it's own with LOTS of rest followed by Physical Therapy to make the surrounding area strong . If I don't rest I can be in for trouble down the road. I'm going to Listen to the doctor (who is very cute BTW) and rest it for 20 days and then start therapy.If I'm a good girl I'll be able to do the PT at home, if the pain is still bad (not too bad today) after 20 days I'll have to have more intense PT in the office. Better than surgery any day...

BTW HARRY Hope you had a HAPPY BIRTHDAY yesterday!!!!!!!!

Mark... sorry again.... I'll bend over for a cyber spankin' if it would make this hijacking okay with y'all......

JoAnne

Quick Reply: My 356 Christmas present