Helping a friend

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 05:26 PM
PMS993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Helping a friend

OK, I'm not a real rookie at this but none of my searches came up with any help so...

I have a friend that is needing to sell his car. It is a 1962 356 Super Cab. Where can I go to find some comparable values?

At this point, I have not seen the car so I don't know what the real condition is but the owner says it is very good. The engine does not run so that will need work.

Any help and advise will be appreciated.
Old 12-15-2005, 06:57 PM
ked
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

far too little data so far; "owner says its very good, but engine blown..." leaves alot of room - up or down! could range anywhere from $15-20K to $60K, but unlikely either. I'd check out the 356 Registry, find a local pro to put a # on it. I'm sure there are a bunch of long time 356 owners in the Jax area. good luck!
Old 12-15-2005, 07:15 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 341 Likes on 152 Posts

I agree with ked. Some detailed pics and more info would narrow the range.
Just for a comparison or entertainment if nothing else, check the inventory at European Collectibles. www.europeancollectibles.com

R
Old 12-15-2005, 07:47 PM
PMS993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the start guys. I will try to get some pictures. He says it is one of only a couple hundred made in Belgium. I'm a 993 and on collector so going back this far in the marquee is pretty interesting.

ked;

Stupid question but where is the 356 registry found?

Robert:

So you are another HWFM Race team member. I'm not sure I'd want to be rooming with a "mother superior" though. Aren't they supposed to be, you know like off limits? Cute Avatar...if that's a dachsund, you are carrying this German thing a bit far.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:34 AM
Steve Jensen
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

www.356Registry.org

They have a list of people willing to do PPIs, maybe have one of them look at the car and give you a ballpark figure.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:26 PM
ked
Addict
Rennlist Member

Mac,
I don't believe 356B Cabs were built in Belgium, they were built at Porsche's Ruetter bodyworks. Roadsters were built in Belgium (at D'Ieteren). Roadsters can be distinguished by their lower windshield w/ chrome metal surround. The Cabs were built from Coupe-type chassis, they have a body-painted windshield surround. A late D'Ieteren "twin-grille" Roadster is basically the last of the line of the Speedster concept - a Porsche of particular value.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:25 PM
ked
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Twin Grille Roadster

here's one...
Attached Images  
Old 12-16-2005, 03:04 PM
PMS993
Addict
Rennlist Member

OK ked;
Now you have my interest up. He did mention twin grille and specifically Belgium and not many made and the last of...I have to get pictures. He says it is green with tan top and interior. This guy really needs the cash but I don't want to take advantage of him.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:46 PM
ked
Addict
Rennlist Member

ok, then I'll take advantage of him.
seriously, be aware that the car's specific condition & history, not just "current market value" is a major determinant of price. I'd be happy to help - I have owned my '59 for over 20 yrs & follow the market fairly closely. I also recommend you think through your own plans for it (hopefully, not just to flip it for a $) & attendent costs before acquisition. good luck!
Old 12-16-2005, 04:48 PM
PMS993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks...to be continued. Merry Christmas all.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:59 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 341 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by PMS993
Robert:
So you are another HWFM Race team member. I'm not sure I'd want to be rooming with a "mother superior" though. Aren't they supposed to be, you know like off limits? Cute Avatar...if that's a dachsund, you are carrying this German thing a bit far.
I'm not your run of the mill MS

I got the MS designation for the HWFM team becuase I love to spank Bad boys. Nah, seriously, it comes from here: www.reiser-callas.com Click on Team. that's me.....

BTW: Why PMS993?

JoAnne

PS: Find out what color green. My very Favorite 356 color combo is Fjord Green WITH Tan interior. Yummy.....
Old 12-16-2005, 10:11 PM
PMS993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RJT
I'm not your run of the mill MS

I got the MS designation for the HWFM team becuase I love to spank Bad boys. Nah, seriously, it comes from here: www.reiser-callas.com Click on Team. that's me.....

BTW: Why PMS993?

JoAnne

PS: Find out what color green. My very Favorite 356 color combo is Fjord Green WITH Tan interior. Yummy.....
OK MS, I'll find out the green. By now, this car has some intrigue. Like I said, more is to follow.

Does Reiser Callas Team still race? Beautiful cars. Those are old though. Anything new going on?

PMS993? Well, I'm the father of three girls and have one wife. When things get bad in the house, you will find me out in the garage with my 993. I came up with a race team name of Paddock Motor Sports. My wife and girls are into show jumping so the mixed metephor. However, it is PMS for short and for obvious reasons!
Old 12-16-2005, 10:19 PM
PMS993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Oh,
Go to:http://www.autometricsmotorsports.co...ts/disga05.htm
Scroll down until you see the happy dad and husband. My story is on down a bit. I like showing off the family!

Quick Reply: Helping a friend