Sponsored by:

original vs repro aero mirror

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 12:32 PM
keoni1978
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default original vs repro aero mirror

how do you tell the difference? and if its got made in Germany stamed on the back than is it real?
Old 09-04-2005, 05:42 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 341 Likes on 152 Posts

Au contrere mon frere! Some of the repros out there, be it mirrors or shine-up plate lights or Marschal driving lights etc. etc. are so close to the originals, it's really hard to tell for sure sometimes. I remember reading that the mirrors were pretty close with the exception of the "made in Germany" was not in the exact position that the originals were. I also remember that some people said the repros had a better vision spot. Unless you are going for a 100% Full Concours complete and correct car, the quality repros, whatever it may be, may be a better choice!
I just bought some repro fog lights from NLA and they are amazingly correct. Some guy might come up and say "hey those aren't real" and I'll just say yeah and neither are your girlfriends *****!

R
Old 09-04-2005, 07:02 PM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts

I just bought some repro fog lights from NLA and they are amazingly correct. Some guy might come up and say "hey those aren't real" and I'll just say yeah and neither are your girlfriends *****!
roflmao, good call Robert!

while i dont know about the aero mirrors, you are right on about alot of repro stuff thats out lately. the repro durrant mirror looks dead on like the original, stamp and all. you can tell the repro durrant when you feel it though, as it is made out of a cheeper metal. the other thing about the durrant is that the repro has a worse field of view. but then again this is the durrant, not the aero..

fwiw, i think the stuff nla does is amazing. his quality etc is just bar none. btw, have you seen the repro rudge knock offs he is doing? i have only seen pics, but they look fantastic. they are on his euro site http://www.elevenparts.com/

Quick Reply: original vs repro aero mirror