2nd Annual Renntreffen event - kcws

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 09:13 PM
JimGinKC
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2nd Annual Renntreffen event - kcws

Hello all,

i would like to invite everyone to the 2nd Annual Kansas City Wrenching Society Renntreffen held in beautiful Lake of the Ozarks Missouri! The host hotel is Tan-Tar-a, and rooms are avaiable for a group price of $99 per night (call 800-826-8272 for reservations). so far our plans are:

Friday September 23rd - meet at Tan-Tar-a early evening.
dinner to follow (location TBA)

Saturday September 24th - show & shine
poker run (or country drive)
go-kart racing
Old Tyme Photo
dinner party & awards ceremony

Sunday September 25th - brunch with the group
at your leisure
shopping in Osage Beach
drive home

Saturday awards will consist of:
Highest Mileage
Furthest Driven
People's Choice (female)
People's Choice (male)

our schedule is flexible, and the kcws is a fun group to hang out with. we're mostly 994/951/968s, but there a few 911s (like me), and 928s. it would awesome to see some 356s join the fun!!

please visit our site www.kcws.org and look for the "renntreffen" tread for more updates.

Thanks!!

Jim Graven
Kansas City
95 Carrera 2
Old 07-28-2005, 11:26 PM
JimGinKC
Rennlist Member

just a reminder "bump" to the top - we have folks from St Louis, Chicago, Arkansas, and even Florida planning on attending. check the site www.kcws.org for more info including updated hotel info...

thanks for looking
Old 07-28-2005, 11:47 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 341 Likes on 152 Posts

Hey Jim,

Now that sounds like fun. Maybe we can make it up. We've been to the Lake of the Ozarks before and it's a beautiful location. We were there when all the HOGS were in town. Wow, what a weekend. Maybe I can talk a few other folks from Little Rock into dirivng up too. Yup, sounds like a great time to me. It would take us a while to get there as there are no major hwy's between here and there. We can drive up on Hwy 7 just about all the way.

JoAnne
Old 07-29-2005, 09:13 AM
JimGinKC
Rennlist Member

Hi JoAnne,

that would be awesome! we had a lot of fun last year, and i think this year will be even better. there are so many great roads between Arkansas and Missouri, y'all should have a blast.

Jim
Old 08-09-2005, 07:06 PM
boxdoc2
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JoAnne, Are you all going to be able to make it? Please let us know! We'd love to have anyone who wants to drive and have fun attend! More information can be found on the KCWS site. It's just difficult to keep up with all the boards here! Feel free to PM, e mail, or whatever Jim or I with any questions!
For everyone else, this really does make a great weekend getaway. The lake is awesome and the host resort is wonderful. They have a very nice spa, boat rentals, etc. www.tan-tar-a.com for more info on the resort. www.kcws.org for more info on the event! We're going to have a lot of fun!
Old 08-10-2005, 12:12 AM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 341 Likes on 152 Posts

Right now EVERYTHING is up in the air. We are in the process of listing our house for sale and depending on what happens (not many lake houses for sale now and the demand is high so it may sell FAST) we'll just have to wait and see at the last second. It does sound like a bunch of fun and the Lake of the Ozarks is beautiful. I've told several Ozark Region (Little Rock) members about it. They seemed interested, but then it's not an active bunch and don't do much if you get what I mean (and I'm not talking about you Bruce or Jay!!!!)

JoAnne
Old 08-19-2005, 04:08 PM
boxdoc2
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey everyone! If you're going to be coming to RennTreffen, we ask that you please fill out this form (link below) so that we can plan events accordingly. If any questions, don't hesitate to contact myself or any of the KCWS members. Thanks!!!

http://www.kcws.org/form/form.htm
Old 09-10-2005, 12:31 AM
JimGinKC
Rennlist Member

bump :-) we have 15 cars registered so far, and i think another 3 or 4 to add. we'd love to have some 356s - hope y'all can make it :-)
Old 09-19-2005, 10:07 PM
JimGinKC
Rennlist Member

just a reminder - our event is this weekend, and the weather forecast is perfect - 80s, sunny, what more could you ask for! hope to see you there!

Jim

Quick Reply: 2nd Annual Renntreffen event - kcws