Notices
356 Forum 1948-1965
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

INTERCITY UPDATE!! What's the longest you had to wait for...

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 08:31 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 341 Likes on 152 Posts
Thumbs up INTERCITY UPDATE!! What's the longest you had to wait for...

..... a transportation company to pick up or deliver a car to you?

Intercity has told our buyer that he has to wait three weeks for them to pick up Helga from us. That's three weeks we are responsible for a car that is still in our garage yet we no longer have the right to drive it. It's sort of maddening, ya know what I mean??

JoAnne

Last edited by RJT; 05-28-2005 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Added the thumbs up!!!!! They were GREAT! Came a week early!!!
Old 05-16-2005, 09:26 PM
Pedro356C
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Leave the neighbor's dog guarding Helga...he seems very fond of her...
Old 05-16-2005, 09:49 PM
Steve Jensen
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Of course the buyer is paying you a storage fee on top of the purchase price right?
Old 05-16-2005, 11:32 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Nope, no storage fee, but he did start his insurance already so we could drop ours IF we wanted to. He has to be biting at the bit. I didn't know the wait was that long for a car to be picked up. We never had to wait over a week before. Business must be good at Intercity. They are the best.

Stormy LOVED Helga. She would always sit next to her no matter what when the garage was open. Dogs are funny like that. Speedster doesn't care what car she sits next to as long as she is in the sun.

JoAnne
Old 05-17-2005, 02:41 PM
Intercity Lines
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

RJT...Hello it's Dave from Intercity. If you would email me the info on your move I will look into the scheduling for you. You can email me: Dwilson@intercitylines.com

Yes, thankfully we are very busy. However, Rennlist folks are always preferred customers. I'll see what I can do.
1-800-221-3936 x205
jim@intercitylines.com
www.intercitylines.com

'69 MBZ 6.3
'16 Cayenne
'32 Ford highboy, Cadillac powered
Old 05-17-2005, 03:42 PM
Greg D.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 279 Likes on 139 Posts

Hmm... I've always dropped the cars off at the depot (generally DAS) and instead it just sits there for a few days ;-) Out of sight, out of mind... Saves a significant amount of money too...
Old 05-17-2005, 07:25 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

We only use Intercity now. We've tried a few others and were not happy. We were mortifed at what happened to a car shipped to us via Gold Rush. Terrible.

Also the buyer only deals with Intercity and Helga is too nice to go anything other than in an enclosed transport with no off loading into depots along the way.

J

Dave,
Sending you that email right now. I must admit I am VERY IMPRESSED that you responded to my post here on Rennlist. Wow. That is one of the reasons why we will only use you guys for all our transport needs.
Old 05-18-2005, 05:57 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

UPDATE!!!

Dave at Intercity has been kind enough to explain the situation to me. Arkansas is WAY off the beaten track so to speak, and there are no cars being picked up or delivered anywhere near us right now. HOWEVER, he is working with dispatch to see if they can come up with a quicker pick up date for us.

Now, THAT friends is Customer Service at its best!!!
Kudo's to Dave and Intercity!!

JoAnne
Old 05-19-2005, 10:05 AM
Steve Jensen
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Dang, wtih a response like that you'd think he was a long-time member of 356Talk or something....

Dave, if you are still tracking this thread, I'm very impressed. Should I ever need to have a car moved, your phone will be ringing.
Old 05-19-2005, 05:22 PM
Pedro356C
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi JoAnne...that's what "authority" is all about!!! I'm impressed...actually amazed...you've got the power supreme!

Just kidding...congrats to Intercity for the special service...you are right...Rennlisters are a bunch of car crazy people and you have to stay tuned to your market...good move...
Old 05-19-2005, 05:36 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Pedro356C
Hi JoAnne...that's what "authority" is all about!!! I'm impressed...actually amazed...you've got the power supreme!

Just kidding...congrats to Intercity for the special service...you are right...Rennlisters are a bunch of car crazy people and you have to stay tuned to your market...good move...
What me? Authority? Yeah right. Maybe the feminine touch, but authority? Nah....

J

Last edited by RJT; 05-28-2005 at 09:53 PM.
Old 05-29-2005, 09:45 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

They came through!!! Picked up Helga a whole week ahead of the estimated date.

THAT'S SERVICE!!!

Denise and Allen (the drivers) were great. I actually wanted to ask them out to lunch. They were THAT nice and fun to be around. We are glad that we told them that we'd meet them at the Mall instead of at our house. There is no way that rig would have made it down our street without taking out a stop sign or a fence or something. We've had three cars deleiverd to us before and this was the biggest one yet. Huge and very very CLEAN.

I also want to thank Dave at Intercity for helping us out. Now, as sad as I am to not see Helga sitting in our garage anymore, I'm happy that there is room for something new!!! ANd when we find that, something new, rest assured that Intercity will be bringing it to us!!!

JoAnne
Old 05-31-2005, 10:52 AM
Intercity Lines
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Great!

Who says Intercity doesn't go thru Arkansas?! Only for Rennlisters that is.

Glad it worked out JoAnne.

Enjoy the Bar-B-Que.

Dave Wilson/Intercity
Old 05-31-2005, 02:04 PM
InThePocket
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Joanne, Next time I'd like you to throw your influence around for me a bit. I recently cancelled an Intercity transport. I scheduled with them, then called back in a week to check status, only to find my paperwork was unable to be located. When it finally was I was informed it would be another 6 weeks at best. I'm sure they're a great company, and I appreciate their sponsoring Rennlist. It's just one of those Sh#t happens kind of things I suppose. I'm going with a private individual recommended by the local Porsche dealer, more expensive, but he left today and will have the car in my driveway tomorrow. Can't wait.

Roger
Old 05-31-2005, 02:14 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

We've used private individuals for short hops (like Missouri to Arkansas and visa Versa) and they do cost more( like $400.00 bucks for 300 miles), but the service is quick, you have the car the day after you bought it! Can't beat that. Sorry to hear about your misfortune with Intercity. Wonder if someone got in trouble for misplacing your paperwork???

JoAnne

Quick Reply: INTERCITY UPDATE!! What's the longest you had to wait for...