engine vibration

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2005, 04:04 AM
Miker
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry engine vibration

Hi,

I have a 64 SC 356 Coupe with an engine vibration problem at approx 1500-2000RPM. It's also emitting a low groan that gets more pronounced as the RPM's go up. The engine runs smoothly at idle and the vehicle has been sitting idle for eight months. I have during this time removed and replaced the starter. I have replaced the wire throttle linkage and adjusted all throttle linkages. Are there any suggestions on what is causing this groaning vibration? Plus in thinking about it, if it helps, I can also feel the vibration through the gas pedal when accelerating.

Any insight or feelings about what to look for would be greatly appreciated.

(By the way, the car ran fine when I last ran over 8 months ago.)

Miker
Old 01-29-2005, 05:29 PM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts

is it knocking? youre not lugging the engine are you? lugging the engine is bad and will make it groan like that below 3000 rpms..

1st things 1st, do a full tune up. adjust valves, sync the carbs, make sure you dont have any plugged jets, check timing, replace spark plugs etc.. make sure shes firing on all four, and that she is in tune. these things will shake like a mexican jum[ping bean if not in tune.

anothing you may want to look at is your engine or transmition mounts. if those are bad your engine and gear box will shake and jump around like hell

Quick Reply: engine vibration