Notices
356 Forum 1948-1965
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More East Coast Holiday Pictures Here!!! NEW PICS ADDED!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 01:22 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 352 Likes on 156 Posts
Talking More East Coast Holiday Pictures Here!!! NEW PICS ADDED!!!

We are finally back home after attending the 356 Registry's East Coast Holiday in Williamsburg, Virginia and I thought I'd also post a few pictures for you to enjoy. I didn't get a chance to take many since it poured down rain for the first half of the People's Choice Concours! And I mean POURED!!! We had a great time and taking home 2nd place in Outlaw for Max just made it all the more special. There were 14 Outlaws registered this year and that is a record. We didn't have a chance at 1st place. The what I like to call the "Coming and Going" (because it looks the same coming and going...) car was there and it is most definately one of a kind! It's been featured at the Smithsonian and both Robert and I really liked it alot. Took a lot of imagination to come up with that car. Matter of fact the Coming and Going Car took home the overall Best in Show Award. This was the first time ever that an Outlaw won Best In Show. The Outlaw community is just so happy right now! Maybe the time has come for the Outlaws to not be stuck in the back 40 anymore. Seriously, they stuck us in the back of the show, right next to a huge sink hole.... Talk about getting no respect ANYWAY......
Congratulations Lewis from Karosserie in Virginia (blatent plug for Lewis.... )
Local boy does good!!!!!

This was the parking lot at 7:00 Thursday Morning. We 157 cars already and the show wasn't until Saturday! There were 250 cars in the show on Saturday!

Where else can you see a 550 Spyder parked in a lot overnight and only covered in a parachute but at a Registry Holiday! Yes, it is a real 550....

This is Lewis' car that won it all. Notice that he stretched the rear of the car and
used a front hood... The engine is an 'SC (?). He took parts of six 356's to build this car. Over 600 hours and four men worked on this car. I loved the wood on his steering wheel. Wow....

Okay what are the odds of this happening. Look at the color of the car and the color of the shutters..... This could not of been planned.

2nd Roadster forom the left belongs to fellow Rennlister Tony356993. It is a beautiful car. He got my vote!!!

This is the only picture I got of Max. I wanted to take it while it was raining, but was too busy trying to keep the Engine bay dry!!!! Notice Water Street on the Sign? How appropriate it was that day!

and finally when the rains stopped I tried to take some people pictures and who did I capture in this image? No other that Tony356993's son (polietly tipping his hat) and Tony (with the Camera)!!

PS: Tony 356993 has posted more pictures under the thread:
East Coast Holiday - Great Fun
Check his out too!!!!

Last edited by RJT 993; 10-06-2004 at 02:38 PM.
Old 10-05-2004, 08:14 PM
FSAEracer03
TRB0 GUY
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In addition...
Attached Images     
Old 10-05-2004, 08:17 PM
FSAEracer03
TRB0 GUY
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And JoAnne, don't worry... I got picks of Max for you.
Attached Images      
Old 10-05-2004, 11:59 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

THANK YOU KEVIN!!!!!! Now I have more pictures to put in the ECH scrap book! I can't believe I didn't take a single shot of Max!!!

Can you email them all to me so I can print them?

HUGS!!!!!
JoAnne
Old 10-06-2004, 06:14 AM
Monique
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

JoAnn and Robert,

Max looks wonderful. Had only seen one pic of it before. Those posted here give a better insight into the magnitude of your car.

BEAUTIFUL.
Old 10-06-2004, 10:54 AM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Monique
JoAnn and Robert,

Max looks wonderful. Had only seen one pic of it before. Those posted here give a better insight into the magnitude of your car.

BEAUTIFUL.
Thank you very much. We try to keep Max not only looking good, but driving good. And BOY does Max drive good!!!! It is so much fun to see people smile when they see (and hear) the car.
THAT is what owning a car like Max it is all about. Being Happy and making others happy....

JoAnne

Quick Reply: More East Coast Holiday Pictures Here!!! NEW PICS ADDED!!!