Sponsored by:

German Autofest 2004

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2004, 10:48 PM
OneNineElevenGuy
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default German Autofest 2004

Is anyone from the Denver, thru Utah, via Las Vegas areas plan on driving out to the German Autofest in Venture CA this September 11th and 12th?

My wife and I are hopefully driving out our 1982 911SC Coupe and was wondering about the possibility of a caravan. Planning a night in St. George or Las Vegas
Old 08-09-2004, 07:07 PM
Michael Jekot
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude... I understand that this years event is really special. The focus is on all the early 911 and 12 cars! Also this year is a first with a PCA Santa Barbara sanctioned Concours. If you drive yer car will you be competeing with those west coast hotties?

Next year will be the Carrera cars... 356 to current models, I cannot wait.
Old 08-11-2004, 01:05 AM
OneNineElevenGuy
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I say rally for the SC Fest.
Old 08-11-2004, 11:05 AM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 341 Likes on 152 Posts

We are going to be there. Mike, are you going to be there with your Art work?

We understand that the Santa Barbara Region Concours is on Sunday. We have friends who wil be competing. Bob Campbell and the other organizers are still having the good old fashioned Car Show for us 'kick back and just enjoy' types that don't want to get into all the q-tipping necessary for a real Concours. Been there and done that in Zone 8 (So. Cal) and Parade before. No More...

We are flying in this year, however if it turns out to be as Big as they say it is we will propably drive out with one of the 356's next year.

JoAnne
Old 08-11-2004, 03:34 PM
Michael Jekot
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike Jekot... Will be bringing the art!
I've been busy too with a lot of new pieces, mostly watercolors thanks in part to PML cover work for that magazine. And a very special tribute to the 50th anniversary of that Speedster thing. A limited edition print of that car each hand colored a different appropriate color, signed, numbered and ... Framed! Whew. There will also be some of my larger works including "Paddock Strategy" one and two. The one being a cover for Club Racing News. No t-shirts this year but the Goodie Store will be carrying the poster art I did on shirts and paper. Buy one (no affiliation) and bring it by the booth, I'm happy to autograph any and all. See you there and do drop by my booth and say hello.

Quick Reply: German Autofest 2004