Notices
356 Forum 1948-1965
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

One week till Parade. Max is coming along.... (w/pics)

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2004, 02:34 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 341 Likes on 152 Posts
Smile One week till Parade. Max is coming along.... (w/pics)

slowly... very SLOWLY.....

Max was started today for the first time in a very long time just a few minutes ago and he sounds GREAT!! Now the tires are back on and Robert will be going for a test drive before the rains start AGAIN!!!! Really, REALLY tired of all the rain. We need to drive the car but the undercarriage has been completely detailed as has the engine and the engine compartment and we don't want it to get wet before the Parade Concours. We'd (read: Robert) would have to start over again and I do not believe that he needs to be smelling anymore brake cleaner for a while!! The Fuel Safe Cell is perfect, the front is all plumbed. The new Battery looks great dressed in it's billet aluminum finery. After the test drive its on to finishing up the interior including installing the new aluminum pedal board. Are we nuts!?? We only have a week to finish!!!!

The Billet Aluminum Battery Tray looks... different.... I like the way Robert covered the oil cooler area....

Front compartment all done except for a few touch ups here and there...

I wish this pic had sound. This is when Robert fired Max up. Not only
looks clean, it sounds GREAT! Can't wait to go for a ride... AFTER
the Concours next week!!!

MS
JoAnne
Old 06-26-2004, 03:29 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

WOW!!! That looks awesome JoAnne!!!!! Congrats!!! Hope you get 1st place at concours!
Old 06-26-2004, 06:03 PM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts

looking good guys!!! i hope to see max and meet you guys one of these days.

btw.. tell robert i got my talbots the other day
Old 06-26-2004, 11:01 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Thanks Guys!! I wish you were going to be there to hang out with us.....

What a day!!! You know what they say about the best laid plans?? They stink!! Robert and our very good friend and master wrench Ron ran into a totally unexpected problem, but after a 6 hour long detour, lunch, and a couple of beers everything mechanical is working great. We didn't get to go for much of a test drive, just to the gas station and back, but that was far enough for today.
Now on to the Interior detail............ TOMORROW.
I think 12 hours working on the car today was enough. More pictures later.

JoAnne

PS: Harry how about pictures of the talbots when you get them installed??
Old 06-27-2004, 05:20 PM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

they are installed.. was just too late (dark) to take pics, even with a flash. it will be the same when i got off work tonight..

ill try tomarrow morning. or i can keep everyone in suspense for when i unveil her at 944 fest.

but now that i have the talbots on, i feel kinda sad. i have my projects for the year done and im outta things to do (and cash to do them with.. cause i gotta save my money for california!!!)

but still.. i wanna do somthing else with her in the mean time, but i dont know what.

maybe this is a good thing.. i have alot of planning to do for the trip. not to mention an exhaust leak to figure out and carb issues to deal with (not too thrilled with trying to figure these out.. it'll be on long and teadious pita)

hmmm... then again i have an early 911s front bumper/spoiler in the garage.. fiberglass, never painted.. nah.. i dont have the time to paint or money for materials right now.. gotta keep my priorities straight.. or do i?.. i mean paint would only be about 60 bucks... hehehe.. oh well.. i need to worry about other things now. maybe when i get back.

Old 06-27-2004, 08:38 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Harry......One thing I've always tried NOT to do.....Keep my priorities straight!!!

R
Old 06-27-2004, 09:06 PM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

at least i know im not alone

so are you gonna drive max or trailor him to the show? i immagine it would be pretty disappointing to do all that cleaning only to have her get road grime on her.
Old 06-27-2004, 10:45 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally posted by hoffman912
at least i know im not alone

....... cleaning only to have her get road grime on her.
Max = Him not her Named in Tribute to Max Hoffman.....

Max is going to be trailered down to Fort Worth and then driven to the Concours site for the event. After the Concours... who knows. We'll be taking our set of street Yokohama's with us so we can take off the 'show' vintage Dunlop racing tyres if we decide to drive Max around town.

Robert got a lot more work done today. He applied the finishing touches to the front compartment and started on painting the drivers side floor pan. The passenger side is done and looks great. I'll send pics when the floor is completely done with the new Rennline pedal board is installed.

The car is a beast!!! It's really a race car and Robert just loves driving it! I'm not sure about the neighbors liking the sound of it or how loud it is... but I sure do!!

J
Old 06-27-2004, 11:47 PM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

Joanne,

i know of the cars name sake and all.. and im sorry if this seems sexist, but i feel cars have a feminine character ... kinda like boats.. oh well.. (i know, i deserve a spanking for that philosophy)

i say keep the vintage dunlops on and let em scream through town!!!
Old 06-28-2004, 11:12 AM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally posted by hoffman912
Joanne,

i know of the cars name sake and all.. and im sorry if this seems sexist, but i feel cars have a feminine character ... kinda like boats.. oh well.. (i know, i deserve a spanking for that philosophy)

Not Max!!! As Robert likes to put it " He's One Bad Assed Mo Fo "

J

PS: Spankin' on it's way!!
Old 06-28-2004, 07:19 PM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

WACK!

thank you mother superior, may i have another?

WACK!

thank you mother superior, may i have another?

WACK!

ps.. hes absolutly right, max is a bad *** mo fo!
Old 07-01-2004, 11:31 AM
MarkPcar
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Robert & JoAnne, WOW! Max looks awesome!

Please explain to a concours novice what class Max will show in. Clearly not stock, so how does it work.

I have a secret new concours weapon but I don't know how to use it yet (hehe).
Old 07-01-2004, 02:41 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Mark.....'Max' will be in Presentation/Modified/Full Concours at Parade. The other classes are Preservation and Restoration. Max has not been "preserved" or "restored" since it's an Outlaw racer.
We're leaving in the morning for Ft Worth and will be doing final prep Saturday and Sunday for the Concours on Monday.

"No Rain"..."No Rain"..."No Rain"...

Robert
Old 07-04-2004, 11:40 PM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

Any updates on the show? im really pulling for you guys! best fo luck to herr Max!

btw.. i dont have any good pics of the talbots.. my camera sucks.. none the less, i met up with a fellow 912er from rode island who was in town this weekend.

here are a few pics of our meeting (with the talbot mirrors installed). my camera sucks and these pics do not do them or the cars justice. hopefully ill have some better pics soon.

Last edited by hoffman912; 07-05-2004 at 06:54 AM.

Quick Reply: One week till Parade. Max is coming along.... (w/pics)