Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Multiple Lines on Speedometer Face….

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2024, 09:56 PM
MPawelek
Racer

Received 182 Likes on 94 Posts
Default Multiple Lines on Speedometer Face….

What do the multiple green lines between 30 and 40 miles per hour indicate?
Old 05-04-2024, 01:32 PM
por356
Racer

Received 394 Likes on 154 Posts

Google is your friend.
The green zone covers the speed limit in cities for most countries and enables one to observe at a glance whether the needle of the speedometer rests in the desired speed zone.

As has been suggested, joining the 356 Registry will be very helpful as you learn and enjoy your "new to you" Porsche 356. I believe the Owners Manual would have provided you with the answer. If you don't have one, I would recommend purchasing one
Old 05-04-2024, 01:55 PM
MPawelek
Racer

I joined the Registry and spent hours reading last night but many answers remain a mystery. Also have 5 books/manuals on order which should be here in a week or so. I am far from lazy! 😊 Don’t even have the car here yet so randomly asking questions from pictures. I Google a lot but unless the question has specific words not much comes up. Thanks…..

PS-The green lines on the speedometer would not apply here in Texas. They would be the speed range one uses driving through yellow lights…..😎

Last edited by MPawelek; 05-04-2024 at 02:04 PM.
Old 05-04-2024, 02:02 PM
por356
Racer

Received 394 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by MPawelek
I joined the Registry and spent hours reading last night but many answers remain a mystery. Also have 5 books/manuals on order which should be here in a week or so. I am far from lazy! 😊 Don’t even have the car here yet so randomly asking questions from pictures. I Google a lot but unless the question has specific words not much comes up. Thanks….
Sorry, didn't mean to suggest that you're lazy.
BTW, not many 356 owners frequent this site anymore, you will find the 356 club message boards more active and more informative. Wishing you the best with your 356, I miss mine everyday!
Old 05-04-2024, 02:26 PM
MPawelek
Racer

I am really excited finding this particular car as my health no longer allows me the strength and dexterity to pull engines, transmissions etc. and all my older cars were made to drive slower which is dangerous. I live 35 miles from downtown Houston and it used to be rural where one could easily drive 25-30mph with no problems. There were even a lot of farm tractors on the road back then. Houston has now grown 35 miles from downtown in every direction and our little town has gone from population 210 to 38,000. The 356 will be the only one of my older cars I can drive locally at posted speeds. The Messerschmitt is the most dangerous. Most drivers do not see it and the tiny 8” wheels are killers on even small road pot holes….
The following users liked this post:
por356 (05-04-2024)

Quick Reply: Multiple Lines on Speedometer Face….