Sponsored by:

Is it a good buy?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2004, 01:24 AM
opass
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it a good buy?

I am planning to make a quick purchase of this 56 356 A coupe, http://www.europeancollectibles.com/..._inv_id=Po1155

Is Eupopean collectibles a good dealer to do business with?

How much should I pay for this car?
What should I ask or inspect of this car?
Is it easy to sell when the time comes?
Would I be able to get what I pay for after 1 or 2 years owning it?

Thanks!

New Guy
Old 02-03-2004, 12:34 PM
Steve Jensen
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd hit the 356 Registry website and see if there is someone in the area who can do a PPI for you...
Old 02-03-2004, 03:30 PM
Greg D.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 279 Likes on 139 Posts

I am also looking and I passed that one simply based on price. It'd have to be concours quality to be worth that much in my opinion !

That said the vendor is reliable yes. Dunno if they negociate...
Old 02-03-2004, 06:09 PM
opass
Instructor

How much is consider fair market value?
Old 02-05-2004, 12:17 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 341 Likes on 152 Posts

opass......I just looked at this car over the weekend when we were out for the Dunkel Swapmeet. It is a very nice car. The interior shows a little wear but otherr than that it is very clean. Not sure about the engine, I didn't drive it. A coupes are very desirable right now and are going up in price. Nice ones will bring every bit of 25K and up.
We just bought a 55 coupe from EC and I have nothing bad to say about Nick or Chris. They seem to be honest guys and tell it like it is. They will not tell you the car is "perfect" if it is not.
We will post some pics of our new BOY later today.

Good Luck!
Old 02-05-2004, 12:33 PM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts

Robert,

ive been waiting to see how dunkels went for you! hmmm.. so you went for a coupe instead of a speedster!? what made you change your mind?
i cant wait to hear all the details about it!
Old 02-05-2004, 03:38 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Harry.......Good news and BAD news about Dunkels. Good news is that this year was the biggest, baddest show ever! Over 600 Porsches were parked in, around, in-front, out-behind Dunkels. Every model you can think of, including dozens of 'dozens'!!! 912s were out in force. The R gruppe was also there with their beauties. Hundreds of vendors were selling everything you could possibly need or want.
Now the BAD news ........This was possibly the last Dunkel Swapmeet. Peter Dunkel has sold his property and will be downsizing his business substantially, and will be moving to a much smaller facility. So, not sure if the new place will be appropriate for such a huge happening as this past Sunday. There was a rumor that the Porsche Parts warehouse in S.Cal might host the swapmeet in their parking lot. It's a pretty deserted area on the weekends and they might be able to close the surrounding streets for all the cars and vendors. We'll have to hold our breaths on this one.
On the speedster saga......I looked at a bunch of Speedsters over the past few months and got really disgusted or dis-alussioned at the JUNK that is for sale for 65K and 85K!!!!! Because of the 50th anniversary this year, everybody wants to have a Speedster for the big celebration. Everyone that has a Speedster thinks they can sell it for mega-bucks. And I guess they are right, I'm just not interested in a 85K car that needs a bunch of work! So......we bought a car that I've wanted alot longer than a Speedster... A Bad A$$ OUTLAW!!!
We'll post pics on a new thread this afternoon......
Old 02-05-2004, 07:33 PM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts

no ****!?!? last year that sucks, blows and swallows!! i wanted to head out there next year since i couldnt do it this year hopfuly somthin will happen.

i can understand the situation with the speedster...

outlaw?!? RIGHT ON!!!!!!!!!! emory? if not who built it? what kinda powerplant? what kinda outlawish items? ive gotta hear all the low down on this.
Old 02-05-2004, 08:44 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Harry..... gonna post pics on a new thread right now.......
Old 02-10-2004, 01:53 AM
Ottosvenice.com
AutoX

We have a nice Karmann coupe for sale one of two at Dunkles. Steve

Quick Reply: Is it a good buy?