Sponsored by:

turn signals

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2003, 04:29 PM
kpr
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turn signals

how does one remove the beehive lenses/assembly to replace a bulb? mine seem to be stuck on with super glue.

there are two screws in the well behind the assembly - do i need to remove those or is there a short cut - like twisting the lense off?

thanks
Old 12-15-2003, 07:28 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 341 Likes on 152 Posts

kpr......Yours are probably like mine were. They had not been removed in years. I had (still have) two bulbs out, so I tried to remove the lens and it was stuck. I used a small flat screwdriver to "pry" the lens off .....very carefully. Over time they sort of weld into the rubber seal. I got them removed, replaced the bulbs, and still have no lights. I've got to trace the wiring and see what's up.
Old 12-15-2003, 09:26 PM
kpr
Intermediate

thanks, I will try tugging and turning them tonight. fortunately they are working, but one is weak.

My instrument indicator light is a differnt story. Just went out on me and its not the bulb???

I am trying to track down the problem. I can hear it ticking but it does not light up in the panel. Kind of hard to hear when I am driving though.

And, my low beams went out last week - the lights are fine they work in park mode with the high/low stalk pulled back, but they won't work when the switch is on.

It's been a very gremlin filled few days. Knock on wood, the car is running very well otherwise.

Did some at home body work tonight to get the driver's door from sticking. not very pretty work, but I did not want to take the door off.

Old 12-16-2003, 12:12 PM
Steve Jensen
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The flasher on the dash will not light or blink if one of your turn signals is out for some reason. Last time mine died, it was a bad ground and I had to run a wire from the other side of the lens that wasn't rusted to the ground strap.

I think I just answered the same question over on forums.pelicanparts.com
Old 12-16-2003, 04:58 PM
kpr
Intermediate

Thanks Steve. I will check the ground situation later today. the thing is that both turn signals works, it's just the light in the instrument panel is not coming on - the bulb is fine. I will follow the wires to the signals and see if I can spot anything. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Quick Reply: turn signals