MAF Kits and Performance Chips from ProMAX Motorsport

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 08:46 PM
promax_motorsport
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAF Kits and Performance Chips from ProMAX Motorsport

Hi All,

We also do a very effective performance chip for the 3.2 with Motronic ECU. See here: http://www.promax.uku.co.uk/promaxchip964.htm and you might want to check out the MAF kit for the 3.2 (includes MAF DME chip) for $1199.95 inc shipping to any US state. Details here: http://www.promax.uku.co.uk/maf_kit911.htm (in stock now!)

Both also available for the 964 also.

Regards,
Andrew
Attached Images  
Old 02-10-2006, 10:33 PM
fixnprsh
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

how much for just the signal converter?
Old 02-11-2006, 12:17 PM
promax_motorsport
Racer

Default MAF kit

Originally Posted by fixnprsh
how much for just the signal converter?
Hi,

Unfortautely, we do not sell the signal converter as a stand alone. It has been designed to work with a specific type of Bosch MAF and requires the modified DME chip to deliver the correct fueling resulting from the increased air flow through the MAF.

It is only supplied as a complete kit. The performance gains with it fitted are substantial with greatly improved torque spread and +25bhp being typical with the complete solution (we achieved +18bhp on the original 1984 development car with just the MAF alone).

Regards,
Andrew
www.promaxmotorsport.com
Old 02-11-2006, 03:11 PM
fixnprsh
Burning Brakes

do you have a dyno sheet? I have always wanted to see a dyno sheet for a MAF conversion, but nobody has one, I would like to see the curves with peak gain and total max gain.
Old 02-12-2006, 08:35 AM
promax_motorsport
Racer

Default MAF Kits and ProMAX Chips for 911/964

do you have a dyno sheet? I have always wanted to see a dyno sheet for a MAF conversion, but nobody has one, I would like to see the curves with peak gain and total max gain.
Hi,

I have attached a chart of a 1984 3.2 Carerra. This chart shows the response with the MAF kit fitted only. We have acheived a lot more now that a suitably mapped DME chip has been developed (by ProMAX Motorsport). The MAF is a Bosch unit (HFM5) and the electronics for signal conversion back to the DME are by SciVision.

NOTE: This chart is for the MAF only - the complete kit includes the upgraded DME MAF chip that will increase gains to +25bhp.

Max power = +250ps (this equates to 254.5 bhp - with the chip we would have expected to see nearer 260 bhp on this particular car). Remember, power gains are a small part of the story - the main benefit is torque spread and drivability.

Regards,
Andrew
Attached Images  
Old 02-13-2006, 03:13 PM
My87Targa
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well, out of curiosity...has anyone given this thing a try??? and is there a english version of the dyno sheet??? i may be interested but if im going to spend almost 2 grand i just want to be solid in knowing the gains will be worth the huge blow to the pocket
Old 02-13-2006, 07:25 PM
promax_motorsport
Racer

Originally Posted by My87Targa
well, out of curiosity...has anyone given this thing a try??? and is there a english version of the dyno sheet??? i may be interested but if im going to spend almost 2 grand i just want to be solid in knowing the gains will be worth the huge blow to the pocket
Hi,

I'll get some reference customers to forward me their feedback for posting here. I'll include their e-mail addresses so you can contact them directly.

If you need any of the chart translating let me know, but for starters here's a translation of some of the more important parts:

NOTE: 100bhp = 98.2PS approx.
Norm-leistung = DIN corrected power
Motorleistung = Engine power
RadLeistung = Power at the wheels
ScleppLeistung = Transmission Loss
Maximale Leistung bei = Maximum Power achieved at...

Let me know if you need any further info or an explanation as to how it works.

Regards,
Andrew
Old 02-13-2006, 07:31 PM
promax_motorsport
Racer

Originally Posted by My87Targa
Hi,

We will supply the first MAF kit to a USA based Rennlist member at 10% discount and with a 30 day money back guarantee. Fit it and if it does not impress you remove it and return - we will even pay the return shipping.

$1199.95 with 10% off = $1079.96 (this isncludes delivery to any US state).
30 day money back guarantee.
Kit uncludes
* Bosch HFM5 MAF
* SciVision MAF Processing Computer
* Airbox Adapter
* All hoses, clamps and ties
* ProMAX MAF optimised DME chip

Remember, you retain your standard air box and the engine bay will still look standard. Hence, CA cars should pass a visual inspection and you should not have to remove for smog test.

Oh, and your car will be a lot faster too and have better economy when driving on partial throttle.

Regards,
Andrew
www.promaxmotorsport.com
Old 02-13-2006, 08:13 PM
John Welch
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'm sorry, but why can't vendors do a try before and after dyno of their products. No other changes?

The variance between engines makes the single dyno fairly irrelevant. It should only take a couple of hours to do the dyno, swap in your kit, and do the dyno again.

I mean, if I were selling something that worked, I would want to make the proof obvious, but apparently that's just me....

Not to slam your product, I'm sure it works, but some of us are hungry for real data and a single dyno does give us anything to compare to. Dynos of two different engines don't work either.

Good luck with your MAF kit.
Old 02-14-2006, 01:03 PM
promax_motorsport
Racer

Originally Posted by John Welch
I'm sorry, but why can't vendors do a try before and after dyno of their products. No other changes?

The variance between engines makes the single dyno fairly irrelevant. It should only take a couple of hours to do the dyno, swap in your kit, and do the dyno again.

I mean, if I were selling something that worked, I would want to make the proof obvious, but apparently that's just me....

Not to slam your product, I'm sure it works, but some of us are hungry for real data and a single dyno does give us anything to compare to. Dynos of two different engines don't work either.

Good luck with your MAF kit.
Hi John,

Dyno testing is expensive and requires a car. Sometimes a few cars and many dynos just aren't calibrated accurately enough to even do a meaningful before and after test.

The graph that was posted was a standard high mileage 911 3.2 that is assumed to make standard power (or less than).

As soon as we can persuade people to allow us to test their cars I'll get some more figures - but in truth, most (over here anyway) don't care for numbers. Either they can feel a noticeable difference or they can't - if they can't, they are not impressed. A risk that we simply don't take when putting together solutions like this.

Regards,
Andrew

Last edited by promax_motorsport; 02-20-2006 at 09:00 PM.
Old 02-20-2006, 09:02 PM
promax_motorsport
Racer

Hi All,

There is now feedback from a Rennlister on the 951 forum who has fitted the MAF kit to their CA 951. See the thread here: https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turbo-and-turbo-s-forum/254838-scivision-maf-kit-installation-and-initial-impressions.html

Regards,
Andrew
www.promaxmotorsport.com
Old 02-20-2006, 09:39 PM
fixnprsh
Burning Brakes

with a price of over $1000...........a dyno test before and after is expected, I wouldn't buy one with out a dyno showing a gain in WHP, MAF kits are expensive, I have everything I need for my own, except a signal converter. Problem is, a chip will get you decent horsepower for $200, a MAF kit, may get you 10 more, but for another $800? It would be nice to see the curve. I have been on the fence about buying a MAF kit for awhile, but nobody had done a direct dyno swap on the same day and posted the graphs that I can find, and the kit is a rather large pill to swallow on an asumption

A 951 MAF kit will net completely different results than a 911 will for several reasons, engine configuration, turbo and such.

Not slamming your product either, but here in the U.S., most of us look at numbers in wheel horsepower. Friends of mine who do developing of aftermarket parts, either give away, or sell at a next to nothing price to someone who is willing to have there car used as a test mule.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:43 PM
promax_motorsport
Racer

with a price of over $1000...........a dyno test before and after is expected, I wouldn't buy one with out a dyno showing a gain in WHP, MAF kits are expensive, I have everything I need for my own, except a signal converter. Problem is, a chip will get you decent horsepower for $200, a MAF kit, may get you 10 more, but for another $800? It would be nice to see the curve. I have been on the fence about buying a MAF kit for awhile, but nobody had done a direct dyno swap on the same day and posted the graphs that I can find, and the kit is a rather large pill to swallow on an asumption

A 951 MAF kit will net completely different results than a 911 will for several reasons, engine configuration, turbo and such.

Not slamming your product either, but here in the U.S., most of us look at numbers in wheel horsepower. Friends of mine who do developing of aftermarket parts, either give away, or sell at a next to nothing price to someone who is willing to have there car used as a test mule.
Hi,

Absolutely agree. If only we could find a 911 3.2 owner that would let us do a before and after dyno comparison. We had a guy scheduled at our workshop last week (2/14) but he never showed :-(

2 more 911 3.2 kits went out this week - we'll have feedback from them soon - but only 'seat of the pants' style feedback.

If anybody here is willing to do this - let me know!

Regards,
Andrew
www.promaxmotorsport
Old 02-26-2006, 11:59 PM
fixnprsh
Burning Brakes

I would love too in a few months once the car is back together, see the gains on a built 3.2 would be interesting indeed..............
Old 06-06-2006, 04:46 AM
pete recio
Intermediate

Hi Andrew,

in the recent edition of 911 & Porsche World, the results on Steve Bennett's 3.2 were disappointing. It was felt that the reasons may have to do with broken hoses / other problems with the car. Are you any further down the track in ascertaining the reasons?

regards

peter

Quick Reply: MAF Kits and Performance Chips from ProMAX Motorsport