LED turn/tail/brake lights kit from Tore

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 07:44 PM
BobbyT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 74 Likes on 49 Posts
Default LED turn/tail/brake lights kit from Tore

I just installed the “T-LED, Porsche 993 LED kit, US”, from our friend Tore in Norway, and it is a great improvement over the stock lighting. I'm a bit paranoid about getting rear-ended, with all the inattentive/poorly skilled drivers on the roads, so this is a good deal of added protection.

The lights are all seriously brighter. The turn/hazard rear lights are now bright amber, although I have red lenses. I really like that, it is an attention getter, good color contrast with the brake or tail lights. Tore plans to offer the kit with red rear turn signal bulbs if that is preferred.

Bottom line, this is a great modification. It updates the car's lights to a more modern look and provides extra safety. The kit includes everything you need, all fully sorted, as usual with Tore’s products. See more at: http://www.bergvillfx.com/index.php/....yclisps0.dpuf
Old 04-26-2014, 09:22 PM
therossinator
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I just picked up T-light and T-OBD a couple days ago. I looked at the T-LED package too and noticed the US kit comes with side markers? And both kits include amber for the rear blinkers, that seems like an odd choice. Aside from that they sound pretty good. Do you have any comparison pictures? Pictures of the red lens/amber bulb hybrid?
If I like maybe I could add this to my order. They haven't said they shipped my other stuff yet.

Last edited by therossinator; 04-26-2014 at 10:01 PM.
Old 04-26-2014, 10:19 PM
BobbyT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Pictures don't do these bulbs justice--the glare from the lights, shooting straight into them, is just too strong. Here are some shots with the new LED bulbs on the right side, and old bulbs on the left.
Attached Images     
Old 04-26-2014, 10:23 PM
BobbyT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

The "side marker" bulbs are for the little light in the forward corner of each tail/brake/turn lens. It's a little wedge-shaped item. Visible in the third picture.
Old 04-26-2014, 10:28 PM
therossinator
Pro

Thanks for those. I think you've convinced me. Those amber lights are quite the trip. I like amber turns but hate the lens color. This is perfect!
Old 04-26-2014, 11:39 PM
96PCarrera993mg
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BobbyT
Pictures don't do these bulbs justice--the glare from the lights, shooting straight into them, is just too strong. Here are some shots with the new LED bulbs on the right side, and old bulbs on the left.
Really nice!
Old 04-27-2014, 12:07 AM
2ndof2
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Bobby-

Lights look good. Car isn't too bad looking either

I see that you have wired up the rear fogs to the brake circuit as well.

Mind sharing what parts it takes to get those set up?
Old 04-27-2014, 12:28 AM
Knight
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 42 Posts

Very nice.

I wonder if anyone has used the front amber LED turn signals with clear euro markers?

Obviously not concerned about the brightness more curious if you can see the led bulb when the lights are activated, currently have regular chrome/stealth bulbs that are not visible.

btw that looks like a perfect way to setup your front license plate for NB front bumpers.
Old 04-27-2014, 12:39 AM
M. Schneider
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 72 Likes on 59 Posts

In 2000 when installing the factory RoW bumper covers the (complete) red rear lens were installed. The work was performed by PAGs Werk 1 facility. The blinkers illuminate amber though - maybe a German market detail?

I'll have a look at Tore's LED kit.
Old 04-27-2014, 12:53 AM
BobbyT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

therossinator: Yeah, I like the total red lens, it matches the car color, but the yellow turn/hazard lights are very noticeable and contrasty when they light up.

2ndof2: I used a fog light wiring harness from a fellow rennlister tapped into the brake light circuit for the additional brake lights. Tore is sourcing a pair of red 1156 LED bulbs for me for that location. Once I install those, I should have the best brake lights available.

Knight: I don't think the LED bulbs will show the color through a clear lens. The amber color appears only when the bulb is activated. Also, the LED bulb is cylindrical, rather than bulbous, so it appears smaller.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:43 AM
M. Schneider
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

The RoW front clear lens with an amber colored traditional bulb (bulbous) can hardly be seen as they're amber color when static. Agreed, no way the chosen color of an LED could be identified ... when static.

Bobby T ..... thanks again for the coupe's lighting tip. No reason this LED mouse trap wouldn't work on other older vehicles/motorcycles. http://www.bergvillfx.com/index.php/...ed-kit-us.html

..Edit/Delete text...
Knight: I don't think the LED bulbs will show the color through a clear lens. The amber color appears only when the bulb is activated. Also, the LED bulb is cylindrical, rather than bulbous, so it appears smaller.
Old 04-27-2014, 12:14 PM
cp993C2S
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, BobbyT for the photos and explanations (wondered how it was that your rear fogs were illunitating w/ the brakes...very smart).

I've ordered a set from Tore.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:11 PM
M. Schneider
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

For those of us with the TUV required left rear fog light (dash push/pull switched) a third LED bulb is needed for a complete LED lighting enhancement; 1156 red LED.

BobbyT - Has Tore given any idea as to cost? No worries, simply added the additional LED request to the kit order.
........automotive LED's are not created equal .. lots of junk out there.

Edit/Delete text..
2ndof2: I used a fog light wiring harness from a fellow rennlister tapped into the brake light circuit for the additional brake lights. Tore is sourcing a pair of red 1156 LED bulb for me for that location. Once I install those, I should have the best brake lights available.

Edit/delete text ...
Old 04-27-2014, 08:36 PM
therossinator
Pro

The LEDs provided are 30w Cree bulbs. Cree makes some well reviewed headlight LEDs but unfortunately not H1s, they also make a lot of AC LEDs, I saw some in Home Depot yesterday. You could buy them off the internet somewhere else, but I think Tore still has the the best prices when you buy the kit. I want to get a super bright white backup light to match but he doesn't sell white ones.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:55 PM
BobbyT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

therossinator: I'd be interested in the source for the backup LEDs when you find them--us old guys need all the light we can get.

Quick Reply: LED turn/tail/brake lights kit from Tore