Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Porsche Cayman S with 3.6L

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 03:03 PM
RennStrasse
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche Cayman S with 3.6L

Year: 2006
Make: Porsche
Model: Cayman
Cont. Porsche Models: Cayman S
Mileage (numbers only please): 29000
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Traction Control
Color: Silver
Price (no $ sign please): $29500
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): SoCAl
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Conversion
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

2006 Porsche Cayman RS (originally Cayman S)

This is a unique, custom-built Cayman RS, built from an original Cayman S.

Dan Aspesi, the owner of Speed Gallery in Los Angeles, who is a highly successful Porsche racer and builder, built this car for himself as his personal “driver.” It was built from a SALVAGE TITLE car, which had almost 100k miles on it, however, at this point, the car is fully sorted, and really quite amazing. The only reason Dan sold the car was because he built himself a newer version, with another Cayman S but in the new body style; and his new car has a 4.0L in it!

The car has:
• 3.6L engine, which is the same size as a base 911, but with some additional performance tweaks. (This engine has the same miles on it that are showing on the odometer, which was reset when the engine was installed, so under 30k miles.The chassis had about 99k when the motor was installed, so now about 130k total on the chassis. These cars come with a 3.4L engine that puts out 295 hp, so this engine should be over 325 hp, which is the stock 3.6L 911 hp rating, and more torque too, but I have never put it on a dyno.)
• The car has had the IMS bearing fit; and a deeper sump plate added. These are VERY important upgrades to ANY water cooled engine that isn’t using the Turbo/GT3 case. (Engine is basically built to bullet-proof standards.)
• Black leather interior.
• Authentic GT3 Porsche seats (they are showing a bit of wear from ingress/egress)
Carbon fiber deck lid and carbon fiber RS wing from Getty Design (I have the original Cayman S deck lid as well) The wing can be removed to have the Ducktail look. The carbon fiber deck lid has been painted to match the car. This provides the car with a significant weight saving; and allows for better balance and quicker acceleration. Factory glass was installed.
• Updated 987.2 LED Rear Tail lights with 987.2 Rear Bumper (much better looking than the stock 2006!)
• The exhaust system is a custom, high performance hybrid system that incorporates the 987.1 and 987.2 systems. Providing better breathing, more hp/torque, deeper, nicer sound, an updated better looking exhaust tip and still street legal.
• Xenon Headlights! These make all the difference at night, compared to standard Cayman headlights; and look better too!
• Eibach Lowering springs and other misc. minor suspensions upgrades.
• Genuine 20” Porsche rims, which come on the GT3, or new Cayman R, or new Boxster Spyder (I also have the original 18” wheels)

This car is basically a custom built Cayman GT4, my friends often refer to it as a baby GT3, or GT3 RS. It will run with the big dogs at ANY track event, or autocross, yet can still be a daily driver/commuter; and a star at Cars and Coffee for a FRACTION of the cost of one of the cars above. It has LOW mileage on the new engine, and I have NEVER tracked it! I have used it in a couple of car club events, etc. but NO track/autocross use by me!

The car is not flawless, it has one tiny ding on the passenger side quarter panel, some rock chips and scratches on the front, and the windshield is slightly pitted.
Dan removed the window washer system, as he does on all of his cars, as he hates the idea of extra weight. (I would have left it in, but I do have a water tank, which I will include.)

I just had my friend Robert at Auto Strasse in Newport Beach replace the shifter cables, catalytic converter, oxygen sensors and more (I have the receipt); and the car passes smog legally and with NO issues, even with it’s much larger displacement and higher performance engine! The only light that is “on” on the dash is the airbag light. Again, this car drives PERFECTLY, and needs NOTHING! It is totally dependable and daily drivable. The AC/Climate control works great, it gets great gas mileage, power door locks, etc.

I am pricing the car VERY reasonably for what it is, and what it cost to build, how fresh it is and how unique it is, so PLEASE no crazy low ball offers, trades, or test drives without cash in hand! I will be happy to keep the 20” rims/tires, if you’d like to save a couple grand.

I am asking $29,500 with the 20” rims included, but will entertain all reasonable cash offers. Please call or text, but not before 8AM, or after 8PM, please.

Thanks for looking!
Michael 310-600-6453

If you’d like to buy the 20” rims and tires separately, I am asking $3,000 for them. (There is a set on eBay, with NO tires right now for $3,400. They are like $1,600 each, new at Porsche; and the tires aren’t cheap either.)
Attached Images           
Old 01-23-2017, 06:12 PM
maroli
Three Wheelin'

Received 471 Likes on 271 Posts

this is an awesome frikkin deal
Old 01-23-2017, 06:13 PM
maroli
Three Wheelin'

Received 471 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by maroli
this is an awesome frikkin deal
didn't see it was a salvage title but if everything checks out...
Old 01-23-2017, 09:54 PM
RennStrasse
5th Gear

Feel free to have it checked out. It drives perfectly. It is an amazing car at an amazing price, seriously. Just doing the 3.6 motor would cost close to this much... plus the real GT3 seats, plus... plus... You can even call Dan and ask him about the car. I had it checked out myself. You can also call Robert (the owner) at Auto Strasse, in Newport Beach, CA... he did the engine work for Dan; and did the work for me, as well. He knows the car. Let me know if you have any other questions, or would like to take her for a test drive!
Old 01-23-2017, 10:08 PM
wingnut77
3rd Gear

Do you have any info you can provide about the salvage title? This is a great build!!
Old 01-23-2017, 10:25 PM
RennStrasse
5th Gear

Hi wingnut77, the driver's side quarter panel was scraped up, and the tail light was broken, (now all of the lights have been upgraded to the much newer look, as you can see) however, it was more of an insurance job that got it salvaged. I still have the original Cayman S deck lid, that comes with the car, if the new owner wants it, which shows NO damage. All of the gaps are great. The car drives straight as an arrow at ridiculous speeds, this I know from personal experience. She is a little beastie. Let me know if you have any more questions, and thanks!
Old 01-23-2017, 11:02 PM
wingnut77
3rd Gear

Any pics of the build progression?
Old 01-23-2017, 11:03 PM
wingnut77
3rd Gear

...from damage, eng swap, etc. thanks in advance!
Old 01-23-2017, 11:29 PM
RennStrasse
5th Gear

Honestly, no... I got it after the fact, as a complete car. Dan built it for himself. But my partner in the Porsche parts business is good friends with Dan and his brother, which is how I ended up with it. The only reason it's for sale, is that I am in the midst of several classic 911 builds, which are eating me alive; and I rarely drive it. Simply too many toys.
Old 01-29-2017, 04:06 PM
RennStrasse
5th Gear

WOW! That was easy! Thanks, Rennlist! Deposit taken!

Quick Reply: Porsche Cayman S with 3.6L