Notices

BC to stop insuring high end cars over $150K

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 09:10 PM
creaturecat
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Burrrard Autostrauss is very reputable.
i can pretty well guarantee that there is more to this story.
Old 01-15-2017, 11:42 AM
tcc
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=

It absolutely kills me to say this but I am prepared to withstand 4 years of the NDP just to clean house of the c_nt Christy Clark and her fu_k'n gang of asswipes.[/QUOTE]

Never thought I would ever come to this way of thinking, but I agree. We are the classic frogs in a slow boil here. Bringing in the NDP is going to be painful as anyone who has lived through the '70's knows, but the libs are out of touch.
Old 01-16-2017, 12:57 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

ICBC is typical govt.
They shouldnt have the right to deny full coverage on vechicles over 150k.

Another reason why insurance should be privatized in B.C with competition.

My 08 turbo is insured for only public liability in B.C. Didnt bother to get" coverage" from ICBC because of their lack lusture programs. Basically if it is my fault, i eat it.
Old 01-16-2017, 01:04 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by aviography
Just saw this story, what a loser!!

http://www.richmond-news.com/news/ri...bill-1.6930405
classic.

You gotta pay to play. Parts for these cars are not cheap and that is why resale sucks on them when the warranty is out.

And no matter what it costs to repair this car, it will still be only worth half of what she paid for it because of the insurance claim history.
Where is the insurance company in all this?

The car drives perfectly fine. To blame the car is petty and a desperate attempt at this point.

An new front subframe cant be cheap... you figure with the race car program they would be more accessable for reasonable money...

Full carbon brakes baby! Not cheap.
Old 01-18-2017, 12:32 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,165 Likes on 835 Posts

wow great story

woman buys 300,000 car and only gets basic insurance. Doesn't know how to drive it and crashes it.
Now wants her money back ?
Sounds like the entitlement generation .. its everyone else's fault not mine !!

I bet she get her sub frame ...... from China
Old 01-18-2017, 01:45 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can't fix stupid. As much as I love super cars, it simply blows my mind how someone would want to spend so much on a car where not only do they not have the skill to drive the car, but also there is no way you can even come remotely close to driving a really fast car such as this one on the public roads the way they can be driven on a race track. Even though I am sad I lost access to a local race track back in 2011 when Race City Speedway here in Cowtown permanently closed (it's okay I took up kart racing in it's place and my DD2 kart is my mini formula car pulling close to 3Gs in the high speed sweepers), I am also very fortunate that I did get to drive my 993 C2 on a race track at my limits which was close to the limits of the car, and what a great car it was to learn on. It was definitely not slow, but it also wasn't so powerful that I got into trouble if I made a mistake on the track. The faster and more powerful the car, the better of a driver you need to be.

This woman had no business driving this car and if she had a shred of common sense she would have known this. Once again, you can't fix stupid.
Old 01-20-2017, 11:46 AM
Walt L
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

^^^^^^
Yup!!!
Old 01-20-2017, 04:08 PM
beetleything
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to BC - Vancouver and Richmond is teaming with Lambo's, Ferrari's and Astons with young Asians driving them that have ....eh...limited ability.

As my mother says - " More money than sense".

Quick Reply: BC to stop insuring high end cars over $150K