Notices

Vancouver Island Motorsport Circuit

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2016, 12:17 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

I really want to get on that track!

Hopefully the allow driving events in the near future.
Old 06-09-2016, 12:18 AM
JGB
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They had their official opening day on Monday.

300+ invited guests ($$$) all the Canadian brass for the car companies celebs Danny Sullivan, Max Pappis, and Kevin Schwantz. Most of the day was people running around in a variety of high end cars.

Peter Balijet was there with a Saleen LeMans car, MacLaren GT car, a Lola Can/Am car, and a 911 cup car

The track manager invited the local vintage crowd and the m/c racer guys and gave us 2 sessions as "demonstration" laps as part of the "show"

I sold my '04 GT3 last year when I was given early retirement and replaced it with a vintage FF so I was part of the vintage group. Got about 45 minute running which is probably all I'll ever get on the track.

Very nice facility. Track is very technical, 19 turns in 2.3 km., though they are planning on major expansions in the future.

Here is a write up in the local paper
http://www.timescolonist.com/news/lo...lley-1.2271984

Here are a couple of laps from my FF. At the start I'm waving to Danny Sullivan who ran a similar car to mine when he was doing FF in England in the early 70's. Sorry about the lack of sound

Finally here are few pictures of the facility
https://jimbradley.smugmug.com/Cars/...eMSPOpeningDay

Jim
Old 06-09-2016, 01:26 AM
TouringTeg
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ Thanks for sharing the vid and pics.

I've talked to a few people who have friends who attended the grand opening. Sounds like a wonderful facility. I drove by Tuesday while doing the Victoria - Port Renfrew - Lake Cowichan loop.

I have a few connections so may be able to get on the track eventually. I too sold my 911 recently so I won't be able to go with PCA. I have a 2001 Acura Integra Type R in the garage now.

Best chance for the public to tour the facilities will be the Motor Gathering Car Show Sept 18th, 2016: http://www.motorgathering.com/

Saw this RB 991 Carrera S headed up over the Malahat last week. May have been it's way to make this vid:

Old 07-18-2016, 11:15 PM
John Elliot
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I see on Facebook that they have a GT4 Club Sport. It sounds like members may be able to drive it? They also use a mylaps transponder for timing.
Old 07-19-2016, 10:47 PM
CanadaRS
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by John Elliot
I see on Facebook that they have a GT4 Club Sport. It sounds like members may be able to drive it? They also use a mylaps transponder for timing.
GAIN has 1 GT4 for sale and a second as a promo car for the track. Bring money and it will be yours.
Mylaps works great, the circuit is set up for it so all you need to bring along is your transponder.
Great last Saturday member drive we had.

Quick Reply: Vancouver Island Motorsport Circuit