Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

when cars hit in a DE, who's responsible legaliy? and Etiquette?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2016, 07:16 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,700 Likes on 879 Posts

Originally Posted by mark kibort
Says the guy that short shifts and "feels" like he is faster after the thrust curves absolutely prove otherwise!!! That's RICH! That form is a crackup.. that's a page out of my no whiner book! . So save it for when it counts! now, back on topic... ill have to say.. i know what you mean dave about it being "honarable" to want to and actually pay someone for damages at the track. its equaly honarable to offer some assistance in such a case and absolutely no money of any kind. Just as it is generous of some parents giving cars to kinds for high school. It doesnt mean the parents that dont give the cars for their high schoolers are any less generous... there are different types of generosity. that's one analogy.. it still falls short, because you do insinuate that its honorable to "pay" for damages that are caused by you at a track event ("the honorable thing to do") , and so that would mean its not honorable if you dont.
Haha good one, Mark. It's all about the in car data, and lap times , not feelings
Old 08-29-2016, 07:32 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 170 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Haha good one, Mark. It's all about the in car data, and lap times , not feelings

You know i hear you... but , i can improve the lap times , and the data too by following the physics. Remember what i always say....
"Correlation does not imply causation". "correlation" is like "feelings" and
Physics is like "facts".
Old 08-29-2016, 07:36 PM
Krokodil
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

You're hilarious.

While I appreciate your beginner's attempt at amateur psychoanalysis, despite missing the mark by a few thousand miles, I guess next time I should give you a trigger warning, and allow you to find your safe space, before I express a micro-aggression (AKA opinion, that neither suggested nor implied any of the things you claim) that gives you hurty feelings. I guess I missed that the three of you lads out there on the west coast seem more driven by feelings than facts.

Here, fill this out and I promise next time to give you plenty of advance trigger warnings before I express a micro-aggression
Love the form. My feelings are not hurt, that would imply I was offended. I was not, I found the comments insulting. There is a difference. One indicates a need for a nap and a safe place, and the other is about character.

No attempt at psychoanalysis as I am not qualified, but that has never stopped anyone here from offering an opinion so maybe I should give it a try.

Cheers,
Old 08-29-2016, 07:38 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Tellya what, Mark: you focus on what you do for a living. I am sure you're good at it.

I'll focus on what I do for a living. I am VERY good at it.

Old 08-29-2016, 08:12 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

You're hilarious.

While I appreciate your beginner's attempt at amateur psychoanalysis, despite missing the mark by a few thousand miles, I guess next time I should give you a trigger warning, and allow you to find your safe space, before I express a micro-aggression (AKA opinion, that neither suggested nor implied any of the things you claim) that gives you hurty feelings. I guess I missed that the three of you lads out there on the west coast seem more driven by feelings than facts.

Here, fill this out and I promise next time to give you plenty of advance trigger warnings before I express a micro-aggression
Actually he's not very funny at all, he's an engineer. Oh and he's stupid fast....
Old 08-29-2016, 08:55 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 170 Likes on 66 Posts

Tellya what, Mark: you focus on what you do for a living. I am sure you're good at it.

I'll focus on what I do for a living. I am VERY good at it.

Sorry, I have ADD so Ill focus on both..................and be good at both too!
Old 08-29-2016, 09:33 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
Actually he's not very funny at all, he's an engineer. Oh and he's stupid fast....
Haha no doubt!
Old 08-29-2016, 10:54 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 4,487 Likes on 1,964 Posts

Why, for f*cks sake, would ANYONE be offended or insulted if someone offered to pay for damage they caused?!

We can all use common sense here - if you have the means of righting a wrong it would be a nice thing to do. Probably not legally responsible, certainly not even expected, but it would be a nice thing to do if you feel like you were 100% at fault for a bone head move.

Can we all get a grip that some are more fortunate, or have worked harder, than others? If I hit a 944 I can help out. If I hit a GT4 it's gonna be "sorry bud". That's just the way I see it.
Old 08-29-2016, 11:02 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
Why, for f*cks sake, would ANYONE be offended or insulted if someone offered to pay for damage they caused?! We can all use common sense here - if you have the means of righting a wrong it would be a nice thing to do. Probably not legally responsible, certainly not even expected, but it would be a nice thing to do if you feel like you were 100% at fault for a bone head move. Can we all get a grip that some are more fortunate, or have worked harder, than others? If I hit a 944 I can help out. If I hit a GT4 it's gonna be "sorry bud". That's just the way I see it.
+1

Exactly
Old 08-29-2016, 11:02 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
Why, for f*cks sake, would ANYONE be offended or insulted if someone offered to pay for damage they caused?!

We can all use common sense here - if you have the means of righting a wrong it would be a nice thing to do. Probably not legally responsible, certainly not even expected, but it would be a nice thing to do if you feel like you were 100% at fault for a bone head move.

Can we all get a grip that some are more fortunate, or have worked harder, than others? If I hit a 944 I can help out. If I hit a GT4 it's gonna be "sorry bud". That's just the way I see it.
You're sounding pretty liberal there, Komrad!!

I agree totally. Even in a race, if I damage someone's car I usually try to help them out. A muffler fell off my car in a vintage race due to my own poor mounting, and damaged a friend's 911 (bumper and hood). I offered him some $ as he's retired, and I explained how badly I felt. He accepted and all is good now.
Old 08-29-2016, 11:55 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 4,487 Likes on 1,964 Posts

Originally Posted by analogmike
You're sounding pretty liberal there, Komrad!!

I agree totally. Even in a race, if I damage someone's car I usually try to help them out. A muffler fell off my car in a vintage race due to my own poor mounting, and damaged a friend's 911 (bumper and hood). I offered him some $ as he's retired, and I explained how badly I felt. He accepted and all is good now.
You're a bad influence on me Mike with your tie-dyed shirts and hippie ways!

I'm going to have to say three Hail Mary's and five F Hillary's to atone for my post!
Old 08-30-2016, 12:06 AM
cre8fun
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As the OP, just figured I'd weigh in. this thread has gotten a little weird and a little out of control

as I stated in post #12, I'm good, answer complete, I've eaten all the popcorn I can
Old 08-30-2016, 02:38 AM
Slakker
Rennlist Member

Received 270 Likes on 124 Posts

I like this guy's answer. It's a great solution for anyone that feels someone else should pay for their car if there is an accident. Otherwise, read the form you are agreeing to before going on to the track and live by its rules.

As for the code of honor concept, anyone willing to accept money for damages received should be willing to pay money for damages caused. Anyone not willow to pay for damages caused should be willing to decline any offers of payment. But since this is way to hard to hold anyone accountable, I go back to reading the form and following the rules.

Originally Posted by cre8fun
As the OP, just figured I'd weigh in. this thread has gotten a little weird and a little out of control as I stated in post #12, I'm good, answer complete, I've eaten all the popcorn I can
Hey OP, great post. By the way, you do have the ability to actually close the thread when you think it's run its course.

Last edited by Mark in Baltimore; 08-30-2016 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Removed quote from commercial member who needs to be a sponsor to engage in commerce.
Old 08-30-2016, 09:22 AM
cre8fun
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ahh, did not see that box in thread management.

OK, dead horse beaten. thread closed.

Quick Reply: when cars hit in a DE, who's responsible legaliy? and Etiquette?