Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Midwest Spec 944 battle at Road America (FROM THE OTHER CAR!)

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 06:30 PM
dpRacingDan
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Midwest Spec 944 battle at Road America (FROM THE OTHER CAR!)

So here's my response video to Sterling Docs video of the same race. You can see my video is far more interesting - as clearly things are a LOT calmer in his car compared to mine- lol! In all seriousness, this was a great way to end the midwest season of Spec 944 racing with NASA. Nothing like racing with guys that you can trust. This was only my second season racing in the midwest, and 2nd season in a 944. I hope to be around for many more.

Enjoy the video!

Vimeo Version

https://vimeo.com/51919299

Last edited by dpRacingDan; 10-22-2012 at 01:24 PM.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:37 PM
Landjet
Burning Brakes

Hey you ran a great, fun race and drove the car on the trailer at the end. A great weekend by all accounts nice job.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:25 PM
Sterling Doc
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Dude, you let go of the steering wheel beside me!

Great save! The hump on the inside of 13 makes it really hard to pinch that corner off. It's amazing you can save that and not lose momentum gathering it up!

[Dan is an ex-pro drifter, sponsored by Ford]
Old 10-22-2012, 01:27 PM
dpRacingDan
3rd Gear

Yeah Eric, I'm not sure if you got the same call on the radio as I did- that there were SEVERAL cars going off in 13 due to a certain car oiling down the track. So that was our first pass through there after the call. You can see how conservative I was through there the next time. As far as "letting go of the wheel- ha ha- thats the BEST countersteering technique there is - if you were to try and manually counter- there's no way you'd be fast enough. So funny because I dont even think about it any more- lol!
Old 10-22-2012, 03:22 PM
Sterling Doc
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Dan, yeah I should have pointed that out. I had forgotton about the oil there. That was a VERY nice save in the oil. You car control is second to none. To come through oil, side by side, without even messing with our race much (and no contact) is pretty good! It's been a good season!

Quick Reply: Midwest Spec 944 battle at Road America (FROM THE OTHER CAR!)