Rennlist Member

Received 1,165 Likes on 574 Posts

http://www.nhregister.com/articles/2...9726016016.txt

the comments tell alot
Old 12-10-2009, 09:53 AM
DM993tt
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

sounds like he'll only be seeing jail time if they can extradite him from Greece.
Old 12-12-2009, 10:02 AM
Jerseybean
GT3 Track Junkie
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The real sad story is that all the employees including Spencer *** whom we all know to be a great guy have lost their jobs just before Xmas. I know that one of the guys has just had twins.

The good news is that Spencer & Crew have setup shop 10mins away and are open for business and are willing to help everyone, please lend your support to a great bunch of people who have misfortune to be part of this.

Spencer can be reached at 203 733 1454.

Last edited by Jerseybean; 12-12-2009 at 10:50 AM.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:20 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DM993tt
sounds like he'll only be seeing jail time if they can extradite him from Greece.
What does that mean, the guy got away?
Old 12-12-2009, 04:08 PM
djb_rh
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gums
What does that mean, the guy got away?
That's a good question. Nobody I've talked to, including the newspaper reporter, seems to know where he is. I've seen reports from skipping the country to in the hospital recovering from a suicide attempt to in the hospital recovering from a heart attack.

Supposedly there will be a much updated newspaper article in tomorrow's New Haven Register, though.

--Donnie
Old 12-12-2009, 09:36 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 507 Likes on 338 Posts
Smile How to make a small fortune in racing?

Start with a large fortune.....there is a bevy of pissed off Greeks...they never forgive and forget. Ask me how I know...I am married to a Greek. Once you get on her sh*& list, you never get off...
Old 12-13-2009, 11:21 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

From this mornings New Haven Register....

"A Detroit company Tuesday filed a federal lawsuit against Loles and his company, claiming they’re owed nearly $1 million for two custom BMW race cars. Loles entered into the contract although he did not have enough money in an account for the $200,000 needed for the down payment, lawyers for Pratt & Miller Engineering & Fabricating allege.

Loles contracted Pratt & Miller in Detroit to build him two GAGT-BMW-M3Rs, each costing $340,000. The custom parts installed on the cars pushed the total price to $929,750.

A $200,000 down payment check drawn from a Farnbacher Loles Motorsports’ bank account bounced in September. Pratt & Miller allege Loles knew all along the firm didn’t have the funds for the check, but told Pratt & Miller not to stop work on the cars and not to talk to other potential customers.

When notified of the problem with the check, Loles said he would wire money, according to the lawsuit. Instead, he knowingly gave Pratt & Miller a fraudulent wire reference number, Cynthia J. Haffey, the Detroit attorney representing Pratt & Miller, wrote in the complaint.

Reached by phone in Chicago, Haffey declined to comment on the lawsuit.

“The complaint speaks for itself,” she said."
Old 12-13-2009, 12:36 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 40 Posts

How can they sue for $1 mil when the cars don't exist???? Stupid lawyers....
Old 12-13-2009, 12:44 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

Maybe they will have to finish them, sell them and sue for the difference between the original contract price and what ever they get for them.
Old 12-13-2009, 02:23 PM
Bigpinekey
Instructor

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
A $200,000 down payment check drawn from a Farnbacher Loles Motorsports’ bank account bounced in September. Pratt & Miller allege Loles knew all along the firm didn’t have the funds for the check, but told Pratt & Miller not to stop work on the cars and not to talk to other potential customers.
If P&M continued to work on the cars after a $200,000 check bounced, they deserve anything that happens afterwards.

It doesn't take but a day to wire funds, so they should have known within a day that FL couldn't pay.
Old 12-13-2009, 03:04 PM
Bryan Watts
Drifting

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
Loles contracted Pratt & Miller in Detroit to build him two GAGT-BMW-M3Rs, each costing $340,000. The custom parts installed on the cars pushed the total price to $929,750.
Are these the supposed Koni GS cars or something different all together? GAGT doesn't sounds like Koni GS. Sounds like Grand-Am (Rolex) GT. And I have no idea what is meant by M3R. sounds like a P&M designation. I don't think these were the Koni cars, as the Koni cars were supposed to be lightly modified BMW M3 GT4 factory race cars.

P&M builds chassis for tube frame GT cars. Sounds like Loles was also looking to build tube-frame M3's to run in Rolex GT?
Old 12-13-2009, 03:45 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Rolex GT. They were to be tube frame cars built into the skin of a stock M3.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:20 PM
aracer
Instructor

Default self agrandizment (spellcheck?)

the over-the top entry of Lolis into this thing of ours was doomed from the getgo. The allowance, mezmorizing display of expectation from track participants was typical absurdity to the n'th degree. Many (not all) of the "members" of the absurdity displayed an unjustified attitude that remains unearned. It surprises me that some continue to pontificate this ragtag operation that was successful by using so many people's life savings as their doormat. Hard work came for just a few of the many who rode the wave of this ego maniac..........I remain convinced that his attempt at ending it all was as much a farce as he and his operation displayed............It is unjust to perpetuate any post op on how they should survive.........the poor souls who have lost their life savings cannot!! end the sorrow for the workers and begin the sadness for the so many more that we haven't heard of yet but will.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:34 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by aracer
the over-the top entry.....
wha...
Attached Images  
Old 12-14-2009, 10:37 AM
djb_rh
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Bryan Watts
Are these the supposed Koni GS cars or something different all together? GAGT doesn't sounds like Koni GS. Sounds like Grand-Am (Rolex) GT. And I have no idea what is meant by M3R. sounds like a P&M designation. I don't think these were the Koni cars, as the Koni cars were supposed to be lightly modified BMW M3 GT4 factory race cars.

P&M builds chassis for tube frame GT cars. Sounds like Loles was also looking to build tube-frame M3's to run in Rolex GT?
It would appear that Horst Farnbacher pulled out of this whole deal months ago. That probably left Greg with no more Porsche tie, hence the need to look around for further options, which was to be BMW. The Koni car was easy to setup, so they announced that, but were still working on the GT announcement when things went boom.

--Donnie

Quick Reply: The End of Farnbacher Loles