Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good time at Limerock today, thanks CVR!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 09:14 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 157 Posts
Default Good time at Limerock today, thanks CVR!

We shared the track with the club, one hour on, one off. It worked fine and we got four 28 minute runs each. There were about 10 "Club member" cars and guests total (I think some were prospects). It was sunny and fairly warm, had a great time and actually threw in the towel about 20 minutes into the last run as I was B-E-A-T and driving sloppy.. really had a great time, good to see my buds again and be back on track!!
Old 04-05-2008, 09:54 PM
chrisp
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it's good to hear that the Club and the clubs can co-habitate. 4 x 28 is more than normal, no?
Old 04-05-2008, 10:04 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

It turned out to be a nice day full of fun, definetly a good event.....

Can't wait to view the video of me following Gary's and Sean's "rocket D cars" (for a little while) and other exciting events caught on tape.....

My street tires have seen their last day today..... time to move to the next level.....

Great job CVR.......
Old 04-05-2008, 10:43 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
My street tires have seen their last day today..... time to move to the next level.....

Where is that "Slap myself in the forehead" icon when you need it...........
Old 04-05-2008, 11:10 PM
joel-cs
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
It turned out to be a nice day full of fun, definetly a good event.....

Can't wait to view the video of me following Gary's and Sean's "rocket D cars" (for a little while) and other exciting events caught on tape.....

Great job CVR.......
oooh, oooh post the exciting event! (with permission of course )

Good to catch up with everyone today, despite my car not being ready yet...
Old 04-05-2008, 11:26 PM
DanR
Drifting

If only the wife had not dragged me to St Lucia..............I could be trading stories instead od listnening to a brass band !
Old 04-06-2008, 09:00 AM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

I learned a valuable lesson at this event....the normal shift pattern is 1st, 2nd, 3rd - not 1st, 2nd, 1st (especially with an instructor in the car evaluating you as an instructor candidate )

roll the video Paolo...
Old 04-06-2008, 10:26 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 1957 356
I learned a valuable lesson at this event....the normal shift pattern is 1st, 2nd, 3rd - not 1st, 2nd, 1st (especially with an instructor in the car evaluating you as an instructor candidate )

roll the video Paolo...
Your just lucky you didn't learn the REAL valuable lesson if you know what I mean!
Old 04-06-2008, 10:48 AM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I had a fun day, but my results were less than I hoped for. I wanted to be in the slower group and thought that's where I'd be because I'm in a new car (997S to 964) and running the street PS2s that came with it. Somebody we all know grabbed the last slot in B so there was no room for me to move there from A! First session was fine - I was one of the few out there because I had PS2s and genuinely enjoy driving in the wet. Couldn't really get a good feel for the car - it was more of a car control clinic due to the wet / cold. But as the track dried out and warmed up and everyone's Hoosiers got sticky, I was stagnant trying to figure out the pressures for these tires in this car. I ended up bleeding off something like 16 PSI during the 4 sessions. I'd start to "get" the new car, find a groove, but then the tires got greasy because they got hot and therefore overinflated. Boy, these 964 pedals are NOT lined up nicely for heel-toe. I've got a sore right foot from contorting it to stab at the pedal.

No regrets on running the PS2s - it's the first day of the year, was wet and cold for half the sessions. The cups will go on soon.

The track is rougher than I remember it last year - could be the car, the track, or a combination of both. Repaving is going to be nice.

Anyway - I agree the format worked well with more track time than usual. I was one of the dozen or so that didn't get the memo saying Tech started at 8:15, so I was there about 90 minutes too early. The guy from The Club learned a valuable lesson - he let his buddy try his 997 GT3 on the track and quickly stuffed it into the wall. The car at least started and limped back - but the rear end and rear sides were smashed up pretty good - probably a $10k day. I have a funny feeling that of the 20 "guests" that were there to see if they wanted to become members - more than a few went away thinking "hmm, not sure I want to end up stuffing my car into the wall..."
Old 04-06-2008, 10:50 AM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Your just lucky you didn't learn the REAL valuable lesson if you know what I mean!
I think I did...car is leaking oil from the right lower valve cover and not running right today - I'm on the way to Dan's...ugh
Old 04-06-2008, 11:01 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Sorry to hear that Sean... wish we could have ran together more but in that group (yes, it was me that stole Ron's hopes and asked to be moved to "B" so I could run with all my friends) it was a constant passing situation and no way two cars could stick together for long. I'll be back there on 4/19 with PDA for a 1-5 playtime and then the CR of course. I did notice the bumps into big bend had my right front locking up and bouncing if I late trail braked into BB hot.. never really noticed the bumps there until yesterday.
Old 04-06-2008, 12:55 PM
95m3racer
Pro

What kind of cars were the "members" driving?

I wonder how many were fully paid members?

It seems they might have trouble meeting their quota and are now offering the "discounted" rates for the smaller membership.
Old 04-06-2008, 01:04 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 95m3racer
What kind of cars were the "members" driving?
There was a GT3, a Ford GT, an Ariel Atom, a few SRF's, a Radical (I REALLY would have liked to drive that.. about 18" high, paddle shifter, center cockpit.), a couple rented Spec Miata's, and I think a Cateram or something similar. There was a Pantera there also but I never saw it run.
Old 04-06-2008, 02:05 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

I think I did...car is leaking oil from the right lower valve cover and not running right today - I'm on the way to Dan's...ugh
Sean, that is too bad.....

It sure didn't look that bad in the video, I will try to post it later on.....

Well, good luck at Dan's......
Old 04-06-2008, 05:32 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

roll the video Paolo...
Here you go Sean...... check around 1:04, doesn't seem bad at all.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bA7bOJE4oc

Quick Reply: Good time at Limerock today, thanks CVR!