Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

video: in-car cam @ 03 porsche clash (crosspost)

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2004, 06:01 AM
dmoffitt
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default video: in-car cam @ 03 porsche clash (crosspost)

As some may know, I shot a LOT of video footage at this year's Porsche Clash at The Glen and the preceding Metro NY DE (June 11-15)... to the tune of 125ish 40-min tapes Well, I was bored this evening and cut together a bit of the in-car footage (camera rigging was done by Paul Wieland and Scott Woodward, both students at RIT). The 3 cameras were in Ronnie S's #5 Stock Class E 911 as he won his class (yet again, big surprise, I think Porsche Clash was like his win #49 and 50??).

Anyhow, my friend who's hosting the file will only be able to have it up thru part way tomorrow (Thurs Feb. 5) so please download it while you can -- also, I ask you do a save-as rather than trying to stream it from his server. It's fairly sizable (just a touch under 50mb) but it's fairly high quality and almost 20 mins, so I suppose that's to be expected.

BTW this is just a tease/taste of what my thesis film will hold (it's going to be a 25 min documentary on the Clash) - I doubt I'll be including much/any of this footage in the actual film, however I'm hoping to produce a DVD as well w/ lots of extras such as this un-cut start-to-finish race, it'll be "available" to Rennlist / PCA members and others, I can't legally "sell" it because of a not-for-profit agreement I signed with the folks @ The Glen in order to secure permission to shoot it, however, I spent over $30k out of my own pocket toward this project (it's for the fulfillment of my Senior Project for my BFA) and so I'll be charging S/H to cover my cost of burning the DVD-R / packing materials, shipping, and probably a $5-10 charge on top of that to help recover some of my costs, not to line my pockets, but, frankly, if you like it enough and don't mind helping out a poor film-student so he can finish his 951 without further draining his / his parent's pockets.... well, lets just say some day I hope to be out there RACING in the Clash, not just filming it

I'll probably post at least some more teasers / trailers of my film in a few months as it nears completion, and maybe a VERY low-res version (to let people see it / get word out, but still encourage you to buy a copy of the DVD). There won't be any copy-protection so I suppose anyone could burn copies and share them among friends, but if I learned anything being there, well, Porsche folks get a lot of credit for being honest, leaving GTC3 Cup cars un-locked, un-attended, etc

Again, PLEASE do a save-as, don't stream it from the server. (uploading as we speak, I'll follow this w/ a post containing the URL shortly)

Last edited by dmoffitt; 02-05-2004 at 08:41 AM.
Old 02-05-2004, 09:07 AM
dmoffitt
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Porsche Clash - Ronnie's #5 911

The video is a QuickTime MPEG-4 (not sure if Windows Media supports mpeg-4 by default, or if you need other codecs, or, you could just get quicktime if you don't have it already).

Get QuickTime
Old 02-05-2004, 02:57 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 60 Posts

See what you think of these videos, if you have a big pipe.

Mk

http://928motorsports.com/othervideos.html
Old 02-05-2004, 03:17 PM
JackOlsen
Race Car

Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts

This is a link to a decoder for MP4 files for Windows Media Player:

http://download.com.com/3001-2194-10159344.html

Quick Reply: video: in-car cam @ 03 porsche clash (crosspost)