Updating mObridge/BT Software

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 06:37 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 95 Posts
Question Updating mObridge/BT Software

As fate would have it, I updated the software stack on my mObridge unit in the GTS today. The base software and bootloader both worked just fine across the Bluetooth link. The Bluetooth update was copied properly to the unit and as the Bluetooth upgrade was being processed, it appeared that the unit went into a loop (I *HATE* software developers that do not TEST their software - this includes destructive testing folks!!!!).

So now, I have a functioning iPod connection but no Bluetooth.

So my question.......

I checked the mObridge.us site and (obviously) have the mObridge Wizard installed. BUT.... it appears that you can only UPDATE the software via a Bluetooth connection or USB cable. I thought that once upon a time, I could simply put the .fif files in the root directory of an SD card, power up the unit and install the SD card in the mObridge unit. I know that the .ini file (for configuration of the software) will be read from the root directory on the SD card. BUT...... will the software updates for the ABT unit AND the Parrot software be processed from the root of the SD card also?

Anyone have any experience here?

Bueller? Bueller?

Why can't this be as simple as Bi-Xenon headlights?
Old 12-26-2011, 07:38 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Since all support is now from Cartronics in the US Toby i suggest you check with them, I will try a back channel also
Old 12-26-2011, 10:45 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks Michael!
Old 12-27-2011, 07:06 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

PIGS IN SPACE!!!!

It appears that you CAN update the software/firmware in this unit by putting ONE .fif file in the Root directory of the SD card. When the unit turns on, the Bootloader will read the root directory and process the SINGLE (as in ONE) .fif file in the Root. If you have two .fif files, whichever file is found first in the table structure is the one that will be processed. Ditto for .ini files.

Now for the bad news, the 1.9.4 ABT2010 software blows the Bluetooth software AND config out and my Bluetooth is now dead. I made several trips back and forth to my SD reader to move files around - all to NO AVAIL! I even tried to backlevel the base firmware all to no avail. This well, and truly, BLOWS! Guess I'm going to have to try the support through Cartronics. I have a feeling that my Bluetooth is DEAD. P.O.S.!!!!!

Michael, any luck with your backdoor contacts? I may need some help on this one.

Did I mention that I really do not like software developers who do a CRAP job of testing??

Not Happy in Cresson/Dallas.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:21 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Time difference will delay response
Old 12-27-2011, 07:44 PM
hahnmgh63
Three Wheelin'

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Yes Crapheads. I do like the Mobridge, wish there were a few more features but it is much better than having something stuck on the dash or console and the sound is very good. I guess I will not touch my software for now. I've installed mine about 6 months ago so the software can't be that old yet.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:30 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Toby, what made you update the software ? just curious.

A few items that I can pass on. On 9/2010 the Parrot chip set went from analogue to digital on MoBridge units, I cant remember when you got yours, maybe the firmware load you got was for the digital not the analogue
Old 12-28-2011, 09:05 AM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Michael, my unit is about 2 years old so I'm sure it's analog. I tried both the old Parrot 3.12 firmware I had as well as the "Gen1" firmware on mObridge's site.

I've been having MOST ring drops recently which cause the entire ring to reset. I checked all fiber runs to insure I had no kinks and checked the plugs to insure that all fiber ends were seated properly. That led me to suspect a software issue. The base ABT2010 firmware was pretty old and needed an update and I (wrongly) concluded I should keep the software components in sync.
Old 12-28-2011, 04:31 PM
pham826
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Toby,

I ran into the same problem as you when I tried to update the bluetooth .fif file via bluetooth. Same crap out and error. Like you, only my ipod works now. I tried SD card update of the bluetooth .fif file and nada. Sent several emails to Mobridge, but no response. I can't find any place that sells the ipod cable adator to attach to the laptop for the mobridge wizard. What's going on here? I had my mobridge installed at River Oaks Car Stereo and heading there tomorrow to see if they can help me out. I'll let you know if they come up with a fix.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:39 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks pham826. Please do let me know if you get a resolution. I appreciate the offer.

Toby
Old 12-29-2011, 12:17 PM
wirunner
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why did you guys have to update the mObridge out of curiosity? Mine is about 2 years old and it works perfect with every phone and ipod I've used. Just got a new iPhone 4S and it's the first phone that doesn't give me an error when I plug into it for the music. Bt was never a problem on any phone.
Old 12-29-2011, 05:45 PM
pham826
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Toby, my mobridge unit had to be sent back. The installers had mobridge technical on the line and they couldn't solve it. Sorry for the news.

Wirunner, I updated the files thinking that would solve my intermittent problems of my phone sometimes not connecting to the mobridge unit.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:23 PM
JAGMAN1
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

Mine has audio drop outs every 30 seconds or so for .5 seconds. Anyone know what causes this?

It only does this while listening via Bluetooth. When plugged in its fine.

Any relation to this issue?
Old 12-29-2011, 10:23 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Toby

From a different climate

"Yeah you can still totally use the SD card. For Parrot updates it's actually much much quicker than the BT connection. Just put the file on the SD card and the Parrot will recover."
Old 12-29-2011, 11:12 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mudman2
Toby

From a different climate

"Yeah you can still totally use the SD card. For Parrot updates it's actually much much quicker than the BT connection. Just put the file on the SD card and the Parrot will recover."
NOT! I tried this and still a NO-GO. I'm betting that the unit has to go back to mObridge. DAMMIT!

Quick Reply: Updating mObridge/BT Software