Best Tires for an S

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 06:22 AM
gpto
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Tires for an S

Hi all

I need some advice : what are the best tirers for an S???

I had the Pirelli P Zero Rosso and I had no problems, except wheeldrive vibrations around 139 Kmh.

After long discussioons with my workshop, THEY decided me changing to Toyo Proxess ST in 275/45 ZR 19. They told me that the proxess have the world speed record on Cayenne, have a better shape, that the Pirelli have rounded profil.........

Yesterday I gone to my mountain house and I lost the 2 front tires after driving on very teeny rocks.

Now my Cayenne is blocked in the mountain, on the rims and it's raining.

Now, I thinks, it's time to get back the toyo to japan and I need advice on tirers.

I'm used to drive at high speed on freeway, but I need to be able to get out of the road sometimes, but no REAL 4x4, just mountain road.

any help will be appreciate.

best regards from Monaco

Patrice
Old 11-12-2005, 08:17 AM
trozenhorse
Racer

michelin diamiris....best large size tire.....special patent on 2 piece wheels assembly...most tire co ***,ebly the wheels in 4 pieces....i learned from experience....good luck
Old 11-12-2005, 09:58 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I am switching to Yokohama GO52 this week
Old 11-12-2005, 11:23 AM
Budget M3
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by trozenhorse
michelin diamiris....best large size tire.....special patent on 2 piece wheels assembly...most tire co ***,ebly the wheels in 4 pieces....i learned from experience....good luck
I had 20-inch Diamaris on my X5....they might be the most expensive, but you get what you pay for...very good tire....
Old 11-12-2005, 08:44 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 883 Likes on 534 Posts

Had the OEM 19" Pirellis- liked them fine but they were toast in less than 15K miles. Replaced them with 19" Michelin Diamaris from Costco of all places- seem to be as good as the Pirellis- just wonder how long they'll last...
Old 11-12-2005, 09:23 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skl
Had the OEM 19" Pirellis- liked them fine but they were toast in less than 15K miles. Replaced them with 19" Michelin Diamaris from Costco of all places- seem to be as good as the Pirellis- just wonder how long they'll last...
Get Michelin Diamaris. I have had Bridgestone, Continentals, and now Michelin. NO SHIMMY or VIBRATION in 19K miles.. estimate another 5-10K miles based on current tread wear. I drive fairly aggressively as I like to take turns and on-ramps at speed. Read old posts about this and then decide.. previous comment about 2 piece construction and patents result in a tire with LOW road force. Only tires of the 3 sets that have been vibration free.
Old 11-13-2005, 01:01 PM
Lotus350
Advanced

Originally Posted by MadFox
Get Michelin Diamaris. I have had Bridgestone, Continentals, and now Michelin. NO SHIMMY or VIBRATION in 19K miles.. estimate another 5-10K miles based on current tread wear. I drive fairly aggressively as I like to take turns and on-ramps at speed. Read old posts about this and then decide.. previous comment about 2 piece construction and patents result in a tire with LOW road force. Only tires of the 3 sets that have been vibration free.

Wow, I have Michelin Diamaris on my CS with 20 inch Techno rims. I have about 9K on them, and they are pretty much gone. Great tires though.

I during the live of this set, I did a force balance, rotated the tires and all...still only about 10K before I have to change them out. I drove about 60% surface street, and about 40% fwy.

Quick Reply: Best Tires for an S