Notices

Camber Adjustment?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2015, 09:59 PM
Gear Rower
Racer

Received 78 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Camber Adjustment?

I posted this in the regular 991 forum, but I thought I might get a few more answers in the modification forum.

I was looking at the top mounts for the front suspension on my '13 991 C4, and it would appear that the three mounting bolts are through elongated holes that would allow for inward/outward adjustment. At the moment, from the factory, they are fully outward. Please see the photos.

Does this result in minimal camber? Can the camber be adjusted by loosening the bolts and placing them maximally inward? Would this result in maximal neg camber? Lastly, is this an adjustment that would require alignment check afterwards?

Please excuse my newbie questions -- I'm mechanically inclined, but I don't have much experience working on Porsches.

Thanks in advance
Attached Images   
Old 07-19-2015, 10:15 AM
coryf
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 65 Posts

Yes that is a camber adjustment. Sliding them in is more negative but the front toe will shift to toe out like crazy. It would need an alignment to be correct.
Old 07-19-2015, 10:57 AM
Gear Rower
Racer

Received 78 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by coryf
Yes that is a camber adjustment. Sliding them in is more negative but the front toe will shift to toe out like crazy. It would need an alignment to be correct.
Ok. Thanks for the response.
Will arrange for an alignment adjustment at the same time.

Quick Reply: Camber Adjustment?