NY Newbie

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 07:10 AM
dalv
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NY Newbie

Hi All,
New member and thought I would introduce myself. I have been bitten by the Boxster Bug. Long time toy lover (Boats, bikes, firearms, and my current pride and joy '88 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce).

I have longed for a Porsche for many years - 911 Carrera, Targa, etc. When the Boxster came out I really loved it but kids, mortgage and hectic lifestyle postponed that dream.

Mid-life crisis @ 40 (15 yrs ago! ) got my Alfa and I have done a bunch of wrenching on her. Great little convertible and fun as can be to drive thru the twisties. Last year I got my dream Harley 2012 FLTRCU (Roadglide Ultra) as our boys finished up with college.

So my bride (33 yrs tomorrow ) is more relaxed about spending some hard earned cash. Although not ready make the plunge - I am starting my education on the Porsche stable of models.

Due to cost - I'm thinking a Boxster best suits us, and we really like to rag top scenario like our Alfie. As I am not afraid of wrenching and actually enjoy most of it during the long NorthEast winters, more than willing to maintain and upgrade the ride. Also, our youngest son in an Auto Engineer (and Certified Toyota Tech - 2yrs wrenching during college) so he is now a great source of Tech support.

So, looking forward to learning from the experts on the forum and encourage your opinions on models, years, etc. for our first Porsche. Would love the new 2013 Boxster S but realistically might to pick up a clean used one - at least to start.

I'll be stopping in and absorbing all I can from past posts so feel free to give me suggestions on where, what and from whom to buy. Sorry for the novel but I have been known to have the "Gift of Gab"
Old 05-12-2013, 08:58 AM
dalv
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm, 72 views no replies. Guess I'm not welcome here. Sorry to bother you "Porsche people"
Old 05-12-2013, 07:36 PM
mhm993
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 149 Posts

You, unknowingly, posted in an area that is not generally viewed or replied to. Try again in the more activities areas and you'll see replies.

BTW. Metro NY region (assuming you're downstate) is a very active pca region, with lots of opinionated and knowledgable members, especially about their pcars. Might want to check out our web page.

Still, a noob might not stamp his feet on his second post and expect lots of sympathy. We car people help friends and strangers alike more than you will ever imagine until you join a club and participate.

Just saying.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:18 AM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Welcome to Rennlist, you may want to visit the model specific tech forums as this is not a high traffic forum.

Best,
Marc
Old 05-13-2013, 10:40 AM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 894 Likes on 547 Posts

Originally Posted by dalv
Hmm, 72 views no replies. Guess I'm not welcome here. Sorry to bother you "Porsche people"
Not so fast with your judgment. You have posted in a very sloooow section of RL. Suggest you post in the Boxster/Boxster S Forum.

Quick Reply: NY Newbie