Old 03-04-2009, 09:41 AM
Rhonda@FVD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 50 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Porsche Museum Zuffenhausen - Pictures Installment 1

As many of you know I have been working at FVD in Germany. This past weekend I took a trip up to Stuttgart. Where else right??? I have been anxiously awaitng the new museumīs opening and was fortunate enough to be sent over after itīs grand opening!! I canīt even begin to describe the feeling of being in the same room with the cars I fell in love with as a little girl!! I obviously have certain favorites as you will see but the ambiance is absolutely amazing!!! Half of a morning and the afternoon were certainly not enough....I shouldnīt have gone to the benz museum the following day but couldnīt resist. Afterall cars are what I adore and well, I had to see as many as possible...

This is just installment one I have so many pictures itīs absolutely ridiculous..

There were so many people around that you could rarely ever get a clean shot of a car..

I will be posting more shortly. Hope you enjoy these...

Thanks,

Rhonda

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Want to learn more about us? Click here...

Old 03-05-2009, 06:23 AM
zicoramone
Aficionado
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you !!
Old 03-05-2009, 11:49 AM
Thundertub
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Rhonda,
WOW! Beautiful pictures! Thank you so much for these. I am really looking forward to more.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:38 PM
Rhonda@FVD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thanks guys I will post a little more later tonight for you. I am headed out now for a good German dinner so I will make sure I add some more since they are appreciated...
Old 03-08-2009, 11:33 AM
sharmat
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

SWEEET!
Old 03-08-2009, 12:34 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

Wow, what an improvement from the last time I was there several years ago....can you put more picts up in an album somewhere so we can "browse"? Thanks for posting!

Cheers,

Mike
Old 03-08-2009, 02:00 PM
Scotty964cab
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice pictires! What a company. I hope you had fun and thanks for sharing. Lets see more.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:57 PM
COLO997
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Rhonda,
I visited the museum on March 3 myself (pilot on a layover) and was very impressed. I had intended to post photos for the forum as you did but, alas, my camera battery chose to fail right at that point! Thank you for covering for me. The building itself is beyond high tech! What is most amazing about the displays is that one is able to walk right up to most of the cars with no ropes/restrictions at all--I tested the upshift paddle on the Penske RS Spyder steering wheel a couple times!
All Porsche nuts must make it a point to get to Zuffenhausen and see it in person..you will not be disappointed. BTW, Delta goes to Stuttgart daily non-stop from Atlanta (small plug). Great photos!!
Old 03-08-2009, 07:05 PM
uberskier
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

Thank you. I was going out there this summer, but the family situation has changed and it probably be next year.
Old 03-08-2009, 07:37 PM
freeman
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Been there to pick up a new one in 1994. Much better this time!
Old 03-09-2009, 07:41 AM
Rhonda@FVD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mike J
Wow, what an improvement from the last time I was there several years ago....can you put more picts up in an album somewhere so we can "browse"? Thanks for posting!

Cheers,

Mike
Mike and all the members who are interested...

Your all so welcome this is the least I can do...these cars are for all Porschephiles. Here are the links to quite a few more pictures..

http://picasaweb.google.com/Porschel...usenEarlyCars#

http://picasaweb.google.com/Porschel...ausenLateCars#

Hereīs the mercedes museum if anyone wants to check them out...
http://picasaweb.google.com/Porschel...rkheimGermany#
Old 03-09-2009, 07:53 AM
Rhonda@FVD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by COLO997
Thanks Rhonda,
I visited the museum on March 3 myself (pilot on a layover) and was very impressed. I had intended to post photos for the forum as you did but, alas, my camera battery chose to fail right at that point! Thank you for covering for me. The building itself is beyond high tech! What is most amazing about the displays is that one is able to walk right up to most of the cars with no ropes/restrictions at all--I tested the upshift paddle on the Penske RS Spyder steering wheel a couple times!
All Porsche nuts must make it a point to get to Zuffenhausen and see it in person..you will not be disappointed. BTW, Delta goes to Stuttgart daily non-stop from Atlanta (small plug). Great photos!!
Your welcome....I had some camera issues as well but mine were from the user I was amazed about walking up to the cars as well. Thats really funny about the penske car, great minds think alike! I spent alot of time in that area in fact I sat on the steps drooling at the turbos through the years for a long, long time. I loved that display. I donīt know about you but the the 965 and the 993TT have always been very close favorites for turbos. After sitting there for so long, and staring at the cars like it was a tennis match, I really think the 993 TT is my all time favorite turbo!

Glad you were able to enjoy it, I agree I think every Porsche nut should see it one day. I am so fortunate for the timing and I am so glad that I was able to share with everyone..
Old 03-27-2009, 01:23 AM
GrahamML
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default More Photos

From a Business trip the other week.
Attached Images      

Quick Reply: Porsche Museum Zuffenhausen - Pictures Installment 1