2015 Classic 24 Hours at Daytona Car Corral

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 11:04 AM
VintageRacer477
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default 2015 Classic 24 Hours at Daytona Car Corral

We're doing it again this year!

Car Corral on Nov. 14 & 15. I'm setting it up again. With lots more than the 2 weeks I had last year, it will be bigger and better. Porsches will be parked right next to the building that housed the Audi Club hospitality at the Rolex. It's right up from the Fan Zone and on pavement next to Lake Lloyd. Other marques will spread from there based on expressed interest by clubs and individuals. And, again we'll have free coffee & donuts & Goody bags.

After 5 days at the Rolex 24 and having to stay on the beach at $150/night, staying across from the track at the Best Western on Indigo Dr. for $68/night for the Classic 24 will be great. If any of you book there, let me know. They have a park-like backyard where we can gather.

HSR Daytona Historic racing begins on Nov. 11. See their site for details: www.hsrrace.com

Stay tuned for additional car corral news.

Here is HSR announcement:
HSR’s CLASSIC 24 HOUR AT DAYTONA SET FOR 2015 RETURN

Last November, the inaugural Classic 24 Hour at Daytona marked the beginning of a new motorsport tradition in North America. More than 150 vintage and historic sports cars from 21 countries raced for 24 hours on the famous banking and infield road course of Daytona International Speedway on November 15 - 16, 2014.

“Entries and attendance at the inaugural Classic 24 Hour exceeded all our expectations,” said David Hinton, President of Historic Sportscar Racing, Ltd. “The fences were lined with spectators and campers from the Horseshoe to the west banking! The whole weekend really captured the essence and the spirit of six decades of championship endurance racing at Daytona.”

Six classes of rare, famous and iconic racing sports cars from the 1960’s Ford GT40s through Porsche’s landmark 962 of the 1980s, the Daytona Prototypes of the 21st Century plus some superb Florida weather made the inaugural Classic 24 Hour the perfect event for the competitors and spectators.

The success of the inaugural Classic 24 Hour at Daytona with strong international interest and participation will see HSR’s Classic 24 Hour return to Daytona International Speedway on November 14-15, 2015.

“In 2015 spectators will again see cars from all six decades of the 24 Hours of Daytona in the second edition Classic 24 Hour,” said Hinton. “The Classic 24 Hour at Daytona will then become a bi-annual event with its third running in November, 2017."

“From 1971 through 1986, the American championship sports car season had its traditional finale at Daytona,” said Hinton. “Our ticket sales told us the passionate fans of the great sports cars from Daytona’s past still exist and have been waiting a long time for an event like the Classic 24 Hour.”
Attached Images  
Old 03-01-2015, 10:32 AM
LLB
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm going to this event and will want to park in your Porsche Corral. Please keep me posted.
Old 03-02-2015, 09:26 AM
VintageRacer477
Racer

LLB & others,

Please PM me with your email address. I'm starting a list.

Updates will be here on Rennlist.
Old 03-02-2015, 09:35 AM
LLB
Intermediate

Done! Thanks!
Old 06-03-2015, 02:26 PM
LLB
Intermediate

Have been passing the word on this up here in Western NC and it looks like we are building a convoy. Of course, you know I'm already in and room booked. Please keep me in the loop and let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
Old 06-04-2015, 10:02 AM
VintageRacer477
Racer

Thank you.

More details soon.

BTW, for those familiar with hotel rates for the Rolex 24 - FORGET IT! This weekend is not yet like that. You can book a single night for $50 to $209 right near the track. The Best Western still has some rooms at $71 on Travelocity. That's where we're staying. So, if we don't party at the track Saturday night, we can do it there. They have a nice area in back with tables.
Old 06-04-2015, 10:12 AM
LLB
Intermediate

Yep, my room at the Best Western was only $70 a night but I booked awhile back. Thanks for the tip on these lodgings as I normally stay at the Holiday Inn on LPGA...this is much more reasonable and convenient. There is also an "event" page on Facebook now, set up by Ray Shaffer of Brumos. Yay!
Old 07-27-2015, 10:16 PM
VintageRacer477
Racer

Default UPDATE!!!

Here we go! Things are now in place. With future additions to come.

For links on the attached PDF, please copy & paste. I'm working on making them "hot."

e-Blasts to southeast PCA regions ASAP. Please pass on. Tell your friends, your club members, and any other car guys you know.

Join us on November 14-15, 2015!
Be a part of history!

Great Racing -
Last year, Historic Sportscar Racing, Ltd. (HSR) presented the inaugural “Classic 24 Hours at Daytona.” It was a resounding success with some of the best racing seen in years by many of the world’s most famous and historic race cars and drivers. Vintage and historic sports cars from 21 countries raced around the clock on the high banks of Daytona International Speedway. Racers included rarely seen cars like Porsche 956's, 962's, Ford GT40's, Ferrari Daytona's and more. For a full list of 2014 Classic 24 Hour results go to: http://classic24hour.com/results.html
And, for video clips, see: http://www.classic24hour.com/video.html

Car Corrals -
For the 2015 Classic 24 Hour we will again have Car Corrals. This year they will be trackside along the fence between the East Hairpin and where PCA has the Car Corral at the Rolex 24 Hour. Nearby bleachers overlooking the East Hairpin offer great viewing of the races.

• 2-Day Weekend admission tickets are $45.
• Registered car club members will receive a special code for complimentary parking from their club. Normal Infield parking is $15. Clubs must register with us first.
• The first 100 cars to arrive will get free Goodie Bags including the Rennsport Reunion issue of Vintage Motorsport and much more.
• Everyone gets free coffee and donuts on both days courtesy of a local donut chain.

Behind-the-scenes tour -
• Sign up early for complimentary behind-the-scenes tour! Sign up will be at the “Vintage Motorsport Coffee Tent on Saturday.
The first 30 car owners to register will get a behind-the-scenes paddock/garage tour conducted by HSR General Manager James Redman, who is the son of legendary sportscar champion and 3 time Daytona 24 Hour winner, Brian Redman. It will include a tour of race control, timing and scoring, tech etc.... It will also include a visit to victory circle, driver’s area/suite in the 500 club with a talk about Daytona and Rolex 24 history, special cars, how HSR runs a race weekend of this magnitude and maybe meet a star driver.

Car Show -
• Sunday - we will have a judged Car Show. Awards will be supported by sponsors. (Be sure to register by November 7, 2015.) Registration is free.

See you there.

Norm Sippel
Associate Publisher, Vintage Motorsport

Contacts:
Buy tickets: www.hsrtickets.com.
Register for Car Corral or Car Show: nsippel@vintagemotorsport.com
Attached Images
Old 07-28-2015, 01:22 AM
LLB
Intermediate

Norm~ I already ordered my 4 day ticket and paid the $15 for parking...booked into same hotel as you guys. We have a group from Western NC headed down...all Porsches. I forwarded all of your info to the Carolinas Region President so he can send it out to the members. Will I have to do anything special to get into the Corral since I already purchased parking, etc?

Looking forward to November!

Lauren
Old 07-28-2015, 05:36 PM
VintageRacer477
Racer

Originally Posted by LLB
Norm~ I already ordered my 4 day ticket and paid the $15 for parking...booked into same hotel as you guys. We have a group from Western NC headed down...all Porsches. I forwarded all of your info to the Carolinas Region President so he can send it out to the members. Will I have to do anything special to get into the Corral since I already purchased parking, etc?

Lauren
Lauren,

Have your Region's Pres email me. The region needs to apply for a code with me or Sara at HSR. Then you can save the $15 parking if you come for the Car Corral. I don't know if I can save it for you for all four days. Will check & let you know.

Norm
Old 08-05-2015, 04:15 AM
praszuk
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its very interesting
Old 08-10-2015, 04:42 PM
VintageRacer477
Racer

Originally Posted by LLB

Lauren
Lauren,

Yes. Your Car Corral parking sticker will work on all 4 days.

Norm
Old 08-12-2015, 03:31 PM
VintageRacer477
Racer

Don't forget to get your Region's discount code before buying your tickets>
Old 09-15-2015, 02:46 PM
LLB
Intermediate

Since I ordered my tickets and parking waaaay back...is it going to be a problem for me to get in the Corral? I have infield parking for all 4 days. Does my Region Prez really need to send an email? Let me know. Most of the PCA members traveling with me aren't on Rennlist so they have probably already ordered their tickets and infield parking also...
Please advise.
Old 09-20-2015, 04:33 PM
VintageRacer477
Racer

Email me for a code for your PCA Region. Then tell all of your fellow members what it is.

Norm
nsippel@vintagemotorsport.com

Quick Reply: 2015 Classic 24 Hours at Daytona Car Corral