Notices

Looking for: Mid-Atlantic - Custom Interior Work incl. Dashboard and Doors

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2016, 03:01 PM
ryskt
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Looking for: Mid-Atlantic - Custom Interior Work incl. Dashboard and Doors

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a 981 Boxster Spyder in Agate Gray with the black leather interior and LWBS. I really love the exterior, but the all black interior, with black trim is just too much black, for me. I'm hoping to find a custom shop that can re-cover the seats, dashboard, and other bits to add visual interest and bespoke interior finishings. I live near Washington, DC, but would be willing to put the car on a truck to get it to a shop within a reasonable distance.

Anybody know of a good shop, or have any leads?
Old 12-12-2016, 10:01 AM
Oakes Detail
Former Vendor

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

We have a shop near us in West Chester, PA that is phenomenal with interiors. They have done a few custom Ferrari and BMW interiors as well as restorations on several Porsche, Mercedes, NSX, etc for me. Their work does come at a premium, and they do have a pretty logged schedule book. Would be happy to facilitate it for you.
Old 12-12-2016, 10:27 AM
ryskt
Advanced

That would be great. I assumed it wouldn't be a cheap project, but maybe I can do it in pieces. I think the primary concern is the dashboard and door panels, since those will required disassembly of the pieces, and the safety systems like airbags. A professional with experience in new cars is likely worth the extra cost. There are a lot of restoration places around the DC area, but none of them seem to want to touch the dashboard.

Please send me a PM when you get a chance and I'll get the conversation going with the shop!
Old 12-13-2016, 12:08 PM
DC911S
Drifting

Received 202 Likes on 133 Posts

Do you want custom or just different color OEM? If thats what you want ebay has tons of parts from dismantlers that you can get them. You can go to sand beige, gray, terrcotta....what ever. Just keep checking to see what they have.
Old 12-13-2016, 01:13 PM
ryskt
Advanced

I'm likely looking for customized work. A different shade of red than the "Spyder Classic" interior, quilted stitching, silver fiberglass/carbon trim, maybe some things I haven't thought of yet. Though, that's a good suggestion to watch eBay for the pieces. My car has the black annodized aluminum trim and I don't really want to skin that with carbon fiber fabric.
Old 12-14-2016, 03:56 PM
911lnv87
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.limsau.com/
they have 2 locations, one in Tyson and one in Chantilly, very reputable in the area.
Old 08-28-2017, 01:25 PM
ryskt
Advanced

Bumping this post to get some additional suggestions as I've started getting serious about this project. Winter is coming! So... what better time to have my car in the shop?

Quick Reply: Looking for: Mid-Atlantic - Custom Interior Work incl. Dashboard and Doors