Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 762 Likes on 500 Posts
Default Great Channel Report video from Roger

Got the email (from Youtube channel subscription) that Roger put out a new video the other day. It's on Channel Reports and is a must watch! He gives a lot of good little tricks here.

The first thing I look at for almost all cars is a channel report. It's a great way to check out engine health (min oil pressure, max rpm, max water temp, etc) and then to check out lat and long G levels, top speed, etc. If you don't use this report, you need to start!

Old 12-06-2016, 04:24 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,855 Likes on 1,677 Posts

I now have supplied a lot of shops (with multiple systems in their paddock) who use this for "quick checks" on overrevs, engine and vehicle health and even to insure that the vMax is in an acceptable range so that there are no concerns with performance. I supply the profiles to them as part of the sale of the equipment.

It's a great feature, duplicating the reports in i2, Traqview and in Toolbox. Thanks for posting.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 12-08-2016, 12:15 PM
kristap
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Aim has increased the value of their products with these video tutorials.
Old 12-08-2016, 12:32 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

This is true. Roger continues to be a fantastic resource! Thanks, Mike and Mike!
Old 12-08-2016, 02:39 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by ProCoach
This is true. Roger continues to be a fantastic resource! Thanks, Mike and Mike!
Who's Mike and Mike?
Old 12-12-2016, 02:53 PM
Bill Lehman
Three Wheelin'

Received 228 Likes on 134 Posts

I took a look at the video and followed Rodgers example. Pretty easy to do. Included my new "G-Sum" channel.
Attached Images  
Old 12-12-2016, 03:08 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Great Job!

I always include engine health items as well. I would add in min external battery (make sure the car is charging), max rpm for over rev monitoring, and max coolant temp for engine overheating. This is a great way to keep an eye on your car.
Old 12-12-2016, 03:18 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

I would say channel reports are more useful for engine and vehicle health quick review than for driver markers. I do use vMin and vMax for the lap for total vehicle performance, to keep track of the general performance levels. After a few times at a particular track, you can get a good idea of the proper range. Then, if you are out of that range, time to start digging. In spec series, this is a good compliance/diagnostic tool, too.
Old 12-12-2016, 03:24 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by ProCoach
I would say channel reports are more useful for engine and vehicle health quick review than for driver markers. I do use vMin and vMax for the lap for total vehicle performance, to keep track of the general performance levels. After a few times at a particular track, you can get a good idea of the proper range. Then, if you are out of that range, time to start digging. In spec series, this is a good compliance/diagnostic tool, too.
I think it's helpful to put the distance that the performance measures happen. Lots of times you'll see they happen in different places (corners) on the track, showing the person is not driving with the same performance level in each corner. I think it's a great tool and it's very quick to use.

You can add corner vMin and straight vMax with some math like I showed in the math channel thread. That is very powerful and useful for lots of things outside vehicle performance.

Quick Reply: Great Channel Report video from Roger