Notices

Where does AIM store data/video files?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2016, 11:04 PM
dbbarron
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Well, I'm in the off season now and anticipating purchasing a system in the Spring. Sounds like since nothing has even been announced from AIM, it won't happen by then. I do like the depth of the RS analytic tools compared to, e.g., CT; and when I look around the paddocks of PCA DEs here in New England one primarily seen AIM, little else. There are advantages to being part of that community. Nonetheless, I have hacked together video/data sync from App based systems and I like it!

db
Old 11-15-2016, 09:00 AM
dbbarron
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ProCoach
Playing with an EyeFi SD card in a SmartyCam right now!
Are you able to view videos right from the card and while the card is still in the camera? This would be great for AX where there is precious little time between runs for proper data analysis , copying files, removing cards, etc. However, if from a phone or tablet I could quickly connect to the SC's SD WIFI card and view the last run with data overlay, that would be spectacular. I'm aware of Toshiba and EyeFi WFIF SD cards. Which specific EyeFi card are you using?
Old 11-15-2016, 09:24 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,837 Likes on 1,671 Posts

I'll test an EyeFi card in an SCHD Rev2.1 today! If the card can accept the info quick enough, and it's not being written to when you're trying to access it, I would think it would work.

This would be an ideal way to leverage the real-time rendering on the video the SCHD and the VBOX provide.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 11-16-2016, 09:20 AM
dbbarron
Burning Brakes

I have a Toshiba FlashAir II laying around. Loaded it with a .mov file from a smartycam and placed it in an audio recorder (closing thing I have to a SCHD). I was able to connect from my phone and PC, but the download speed was incredibly slow making it unuseful for watching videos. I may try a different download technique tonight.

db
Old 12-12-2016, 01:17 PM
dbbarron
Burning Brakes

I'll test an EyeFi card in an SCHD Rev2.1 today! If the card can accept the info quick enough, and it's not being written to when you're trying to access it, I would think it would work.

This would be an ideal way to leverage the real-time rendering on the video the SCHD and the VBOX provide.
Peter - Did you ever get this working?
Old 12-12-2016, 03:14 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,837 Likes on 1,671 Posts

Originally Posted by dbbarron
Peter - Did you ever get this working?
I was not able to make this work. The EyeFi X2 software did not allow me access to the DCIM/100AIM/ folder and I tried many different ways.
Old 12-12-2016, 06:13 PM
dbbarron
Burning Brakes

I was not able to make this work. The EyeFi X2 software did not allow me access to the DCIM/100AIM/ folder and I tried many different ways.
No surprise, these cards are funky. I have the Flashair II. I understand the Flashair III (WD-03) has a 'Flashdrive' option. It is a webdav server that allows a network drive to appear on a wifi connected laptop. If this works, it would be ideal. The AIM software might even recognize it.

Quick Reply: Where does AIM store data/video files?