Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: 986 Torque Spec guide
I'd buy one for 59.95
75.00%
No
25.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

986 Torque Specification Guide. Who wants one?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 11:51 AM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

Received 2,282 Likes on 899 Posts
Default 986 Torque Specification Guide. Who wants one?

Guys,

Over the past few months I have been working on a guide specifically for the torques associated with the entire vehicle that uses an illustrated parts breakdown arrangement to reference which fastener goes where, by position. It also has bolt length, and diameter, as well as the type of coating that the fastener may have. These are a necessity in any tool box, professional, and enthusiast alike. Finding one torque spec thats embedded deeply in a work shop manual can take several minutes, and some simple cannot be found. This reference changes everything, since it gives all the specs by sub- assembly, and puts the torques at your finger tips in seconds.

I have just completed the 997 Fastener Torque Specification Guides (189 pages) and they release this week. The 996 version (150 pages) is at the printer now, will be done next week.

While some specs of 986 and 987 are the same as their big brothers in the 911 series, others are different. There's not enough cross over between the models to create one book that is able to accurately cover both Boxster and 911 models.

My question to you is more of a survey, so I have started a poll with this thread. The retail price the book for 986 and 987 would be 59.95. The books will have 150+ pages, so we would not combine 986/987 together, they would be split up like we have the 996/ 997 books.

My question to you is more of a survey, so I have started a poll with this thread. The retail price of the book for 986 and 987 would be 59.95 retail. If you would be inclined to purchase a book like this, at this price, please cast a ballot in the survey. Here are some shots of the front and back cover of the 997 book, and also a sample of an illustrated parts breakdown, and torque table. The 986/987 books would be the same. If I decide to do these, they will be available in 3-4 months.

Front cover

Beck cover.

Book measures 5X7", so it fits perfectly into any tool box, or glove box.

Illustrated Parts Breakdowns with fasteners individually identified.

Torque tables are adjacent to their respective illustrated parts breakdowns, for easy to find torque values.
Old 10-05-2015, 08:57 PM
Schnell Gelb
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I voted to buy this but am disappointed that "The M96 Definitive Guide " has been abandoned.
Old 10-05-2015, 08:58 PM
RBatsch
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I applaud the effort and would like the information but I don't understand why in this digital age you'd print a book? Why not a PDF, digital download? I'd buy that. It would facilitate searching and they'd be no shipping/duty/whatever. I'm often on my iPad when working on the car (YouTube DIY, Pedros, etc.) so this would work much better than trying to hold open a book. Just a thought...
Old 10-05-2015, 09:25 PM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

Received 2,282 Likes on 899 Posts

The Definitive Guide has not been abandoned. It will be released at the 2016 Porsche Literature Meet in March.

In my classes all the technician ASK for printed materials. I also prefer printed materials when working with something, since I can jot down notes and etc on the pages. With this directive printed one can have another digital resource open, and toggle back and forth between the two easily.
Old 10-06-2015, 02:26 PM
Schnell Gelb
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

"The Definitive Guide has not been abandoned. It will be released at the 2016 Porsche Literature Meet in March."
That is great news ,thank you.

Quick Reply: 986 Torque Specification Guide. Who wants one?