Notices
Audio and Video Forum The place to discuss auto and home audio, home theater etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Musicar

Anyone using subwoofer(s) with their 2 channel system?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2015, 08:24 AM
J.PELLEGRINO
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also have 2 subs in my 2 channel system. The key is how they are set up and how well they are integrated with the main speakers. I had my local dealer spend most of a day dialing them in after we had the mains ideally placed. The objective was to have the subs be undetectable. In my opinion, most subs are far too intrusive due to their being crossed over too high and the level set at a level that seems to be intended to make their presence obvious.
Old 11-07-2015, 08:12 PM
Upscale Audio
Rennlist Member

Received 1,083 Likes on 589 Posts

I sell both REL as well as JL Audio, and I go back and forth between the brands depending on the customer's needs. Used properly, a sub isn't about just bottom end. It's about an illusion of a larger listening space. We do some incredible comparisons unplugging the sub and the soundstage shrinks substantially.

REL has a feature with two level controls, allowing the sub to augment two channel with speaker level in and .1 independently. Also the REL's speaker level in for systems that don't have a preamp out, and theyprefer hooking up that way for easier integration.
Old 11-08-2015, 02:45 PM
Upscale Audio
Rennlist Member

By the way...JL Audio is making small changes in their F series woofers. Very minor changes, as well as a price increase. I made a special deal with them and bought a large quantity of F-110, F-112, and F-113 models. It was such a smokin' deal I bought a couple for myself.

If any members are interested in these, or anything else in high end audio, PM me. I'll get you the bro deal.
Old 01-17-2016, 11:28 AM
elitex
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Upscale Audio
By the way...JL Audio is making small changes in their F series woofers. Very minor changes, as well as a price increase. I made a special deal with them and bought a large quantity of F-110, F-112, and F-113 models. It was such a smokin' deal I bought a couple for myself. If any members are interested in these, or anything else in high end audio, PM me. I'll get you the bro deal.
Do you still have the bro deal?
Old 02-11-2016, 10:02 PM
Upscale Audio
Rennlist Member

I have a few. All the F series. F110, F112, F113. Call me at 909-931-9686 if you want more info and ask for Kevin
Old 02-11-2016, 10:14 PM
zirrah
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't really have my two channel setup anymore, but when I did I ran some axiom audio bookshelves and a SV Ultra sub. The sub was stupid good. I have it for my home theater now, phenomenal engineered piece of hardware, I highly recommend them.

Quick Reply: Anyone using subwoofer(s) with their 2 channel system?