Sponsored by:

Dash switch with Aero Kit??

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 12:13 PM
Brick
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dash switch with Aero Kit??

I am reviewing a 997.2 Turbo with factory option shown of an Aero Kit. However, there is still a spoiler switch on the center console stack. Is this correct or was the Aero Kit only lower spoiler and the rear spoiler added later?

Just curious, seem incongruous that the switch would be there from the factory. (I assume it does not operate in any way, maybe I am wrong there?)

Thanks,

Bill
Old 02-16-2017, 12:58 PM
Dodaleca
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 46 Posts

My aerokit 997.2TT has the switch which I assume standard for the 997TT dash so I just assumed not hooked up to anything as there are no moveable parts on the rear aerokit spoiler. Although always tempted I have never yet pushed the button just for the hell of it!

I'm not sure in the build process when the Porsche Exclusive options are installed.
Old 02-16-2017, 01:04 PM
Southpaw
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

My aerokit car has the button too. I've pushed it and nothing happens (that I know of) ...the light on the actual button doesn't even light up so I think it's just an inactive button.

...which is odd for Porsche to just let it be since it can mislead people into thinking there's something malfunctioning on the car.
Old 02-16-2017, 01:52 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 113 Posts

The function for the button is coded out - the configuration on the cars computer has that feature disabled so that it doesn't work. This approach is taken for many options, such as cruise control and TPMS. It means that the hardware associated with the feature can be added at a later date and the feature enabled easily.

Quick Reply: Dash switch with Aero Kit??