Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake Pads

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 04:35 PM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts

Jared - I'd measure the rotors but I don't really see a lip on them, my gut says you can get away with another set of pads before the rotors need to be done.

For pads - I used the Stoptech street performance pads on our 997.1 and was pretty happy with them. No noise on the street, performance isn't really "better" thay stock but it's not worse either. Dust is similar to stock...so quite a bit still. They are fairly inexpensive.

I used them at the track a few times as well and while they won't stand up to heat like a track pad will, with proper fluid they are good enough on the track. I did have to back down the pace just a touch from what I'd normally run in order to get the pads to last for a full DE session without going a little too hot, but the same could be said for the stock pads too.
Old 11-25-2015, 06:35 PM
Ibanezgod
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RJKflyer
For rears, make sure to buy the calliper bolts (2 each side), which Porsche say change each time. Because you need to remove the calliper to do rear pads on Turbo/GT3.

Yes yes I know they might be OK reused, but the strut is aluminium and why risk thread damage to the (hugely expensive) strut for a few bucks? Also if Mr. Porsche suggests new bolts, that's good enough for me.

In fact, I understand a few folks who do a lot of tracking, and therefore replace rears frequently, convert to Cup stye studs and nuts to avoid risks of stripping struts.

Thanks that's exactly what I was looking to ask.

Is this the part?

http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/...Front%29%20%20
Old 11-26-2015, 12:52 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiOn19s
Jared - I'd measure the rotors but I don't really see a lip on them, my gut says you can get away with another set of pads before the rotors need to be done.

For pads - I used the Stoptech street performance pads on our 997.1 and was pretty happy with them. No noise on the street, performance isn't really "better" thay stock but it's not worse either. Dust is similar to stock...so quite a bit still. They are fairly inexpensive.

I used them at the track a few times as well and while they won't stand up to heat like a track pad will, with proper fluid they are good enough on the track. I did have to back down the pace just a touch from what I'd normally run in order to get the pads to last for a full DE session without going a little too hot, but the same could be said for the stock pads too.
Totally concur.
Old 11-26-2015, 02:43 AM
RJKflyer
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ibanezgod
Thanks that's exactly what I was looking to ask.

Is this the part?

http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/...Front%29%20%20
No that appears to be the front kit. let me see if I can find the right bolt number for you.
Old 11-26-2015, 02:52 AM
RJKflyer
Instructor

Am on a flight, but this is essentially what you need. Do check as can't get to my parts catalogue.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-911-...lWNhJ4&vxp=mtr
Old 11-26-2015, 11:26 AM
CodeRed
Rennlist Member

Are there any street/performance/track pads that dont shed tons of brake dust...but are also quiet? Thx

Quick Reply: Brake Pads