Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes Laguna seca sonoma raceway and thunderhill are nothing but straightaways
Old 01-31-2015, 02:22 AM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by eurotom
Yes Laguna seca sonoma raceway and thunderhill are nothing but straightaways
So you are a point, shoot and **** yourself kinda guy? LOL! C'mon man!

PS. Re your "nothing to admit" comment? Cool. Then give it plenty Tom. Don't hold back on the throttle. Give it large down the straights! No mercy, she can take it man.
Old 01-31-2015, 02:33 AM
eurotom
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by speed21
So you are a point, shoot and **** yourself kinda guy? LOL! C'mon man! PS. Re your "nothing to admit" comment? Cool. Then give it plenty Tom. Don't hold back on the throttle. Give it large down the straights! No mercy, she can take it man.
Haha Paul you're a special kid
Old 01-31-2015, 02:56 AM
speed21
Banned

Haha Paul you're a special kid
Well Tom ya Know I do luv you like a brother man and am just taking care of you...well trying to any way. Just hate to see (another) grown man cry...
Old 01-31-2015, 03:21 AM
eurotom
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by speed21
Well Tom ya Know I do luv you like a brother man and am just taking care of you...well trying to any way. Just hate to see (another) grown man cry...
Appreciate it like I said before come to CA and we can catch up
Old 01-31-2015, 10:39 PM
aa909
Burning Brakes

Entertaining exchange. I say Paul looks up Tom next time he visits the Bay Area. I'll buy the beers just to watch the live version of the last two pages of this thread LOL!!
Old 02-01-2015, 05:51 AM
speed21
Banned

Appreciate it like I said before come to CA and we can catch up
Love to. If i'm over that way I'm in for whatever you can throw at me. I'm sure we will have fun!

Originally Posted by aa909
Entertaining exchange. I say Paul looks up Tom next time he visits the Bay Area. I'll buy the beers just to watch the live version of the last two pages of this thread LOL!!
For sure. I hope by then Tom has his GT3 that way he won't be too focused on protecting some of that crap on his car. Hehe...
Old 04-28-2015, 07:23 PM
Skid
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Tarett plates vs LCA's

From those who have actually ran the Tarett top plates, have you experienced either a) noticeably more NVH noise on the highway, or b) reduced bump travel?

I maxed out stock camber at -1.1* and that turned out to be nowhere near enough for 2 days at the track.

I had put GT3 LCA's on my previous 911, a 996.2 C2, and ran -2.8* in the front but that was with R-compounds and a car that I consciously had developed into a track weapon so I lived with the street harshness of the coilovers and various solid mounts and bushings.

However, I want to keep my 997 GTS 4 a street focussed car and with street tires but certainly don't want to go through a set of fronts every 2 track days. I think -2* camber is good compromise for say 3-4 track days per year and so could achieve that with Tarett plates alone or with split LCA's alone. The plates are cheaper and simpler than LCA's on an AWD (identical CV concerns on GTS 4 as a TT) but I would avoid plates if noise and/or suspension travel is materially compromised. Hence my query to the Collective!
Old 04-29-2015, 10:08 PM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Received 1,723 Likes on 1,003 Posts

A friend of mine runs a 997.1TT with stock upper mounts and shocks in combination with H&R springs and lower front PMNA Cup LCAs along with rear PMNA RSR LCAs, front OEM GT3 sway, rear GT2 sway. Camber is -3.2 front and -2.5 rear. He's a great driver but the car is very very fast on NT01s....the only 997TT to break the 2 min barrier at our track...
Old 04-30-2015, 03:01 PM
eurotom
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Skid
From those who have actually ran the Tarett top plates, have you experienced either a) noticeably more NVH noise on the highway, or b) reduced bump travel?

I maxed out stock camber at -1.1* and that turned out to be nowhere near enough for 2 days at the track.

I had put GT3 LCA's on my previous 911, a 996.2 C2, and ran -2.8* in the front but that was with R-compounds and a car that I consciously had developed into a track weapon so I lived with the street harshness of the coilovers and various solid mounts and bushings.

However, I want to keep my 997 GTS 4 a street focussed car and with street tires but certainly don't want to go through a set of fronts every 2 track days. I think -2* camber is good compromise for say 3-4 track days per year and so could achieve that with Tarett plates alone or with split LCA's alone. The plates are cheaper and simpler than LCA's on an AWD (identical CV concerns on GTS 4 as a TT) but I would avoid plates if noise and/or suspension travel is materially compromised. Hence my query to the Collective!
I have the plates and have not noticed any increase in NVH to date, however my input is biased as I don't mind increased harshness. You can go beyond -2. with just the plates
Old 05-27-2015, 11:46 AM
Skid
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 28 Posts

Can the Tarett plate installation be a DIY? Do you need a spring compressor to drop the struts? I have have a toe measurement tool so can self-align after setting the new camber.

I've done this job on past non-Pcars' coilovers but not sure how 911 struts and the AWD might complicate strut lowering.

Quick Reply: Camber!