Sponsored by:

Just Installed GMG Sway Bars - Install Pics Here

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 10:30 PM
evolvedaz
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Installed GMG Sway Bars - Install Pics Here

To maximize the performance of our JIC Cross coilovers, Vivid Racing hooked up with GMG to install this front and rear performance sway bar kit. The GMG sway bars are both 3 way adjustable and feature new polyurethane bushings. The sway bars allow you to gain up to 70% more stiffest compared to the stock sway bars. When handling the bars, they are very light and feel to be hollow. Like the factory Porsche GT3 bars, hollow sway bars are known to be more rigid.

Installation of the rear bar is very straight forward. The bushing mounts unbolt easily and then you remove the sway bar links from the sway bar. The factory bar will then drop right out. The GMG Sway Bar will fit back into place and simply grease up the bushings and tighten everything down.

The front sway bar is much more difficult. It definitely requires proper tools and some elevation to the car. You have to unbolt quite alot of the braces, front toe arm, and even loosen a bracket on the steering rack. Once done, no problem!

Having drove the 997TT before the sway bars on fast mountain rodes, the car did feel ok but definitely still pushed alittle. You could feel the car want to become unstable at higher speed turns even with the great Michelin PS2 tires and the JIC Cross coilovers. Having driven with the GMG Sway Bars, the car is much more responsive. The under steer has been eliminated and the car feels balanced. When driving an AWD car, I like to have the rear end kick out a bit more like a RWD car and then have the front wheels pull you through the turn. I set the rear sway bar link on the stiffest hole and the front in the middle. Once I hit the track, I will be able to fine tune this setup in conjunction with the dampening on my JIC Cross Coilovers. Overall, the GMG Sway Bars is a great modification to the suspension. To further enhance the car, we plan on adding the Agency Power Rear Control Arms and Front Adjustable Sway Bar Links down the road.

Vivid Racing stocks the GMG Sway Bar Kit for the Porsche 997TT. You can view other pictures and order online here - http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/g...7-p-46279.html

View all the pictures of our GMG Sway Bar Install on the VR Porsche 997 Turbo by CLICKING HERE.

Quick Reply: Just Installed GMG Sway Bars - Install Pics Here