Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

What would you do? Range 5 Over rev CPO'd 997.2 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 11:21 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 298 Likes on 174 Posts

Well, this is embarrassing!

Two things- you have CPO, you're good to go and when it happened, leakdown, scope and evaluation were done. No worries.

Thing 2- When you track it again, take out the Dynamic Engine Mounts and replace with solid or near solid mounts. DEM fails in race conditions.

In my defense, 4 seasons of racing hard with my SRF3 and no money shifts. (still embarrassed though, but the Time Trial wins help smooth it over!)

Glad to see it has a new home!
Old 02-03-2017, 09:31 AM
grrrmonster
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Speed yellow rocks! Does the shifter seem stiff even after transmission has warmed up? Mine has the numeric racing shifter- definitely notchy but I love it. The damp microfiber towel on the steering wheel does wonders
Attached Images  
Old 02-03-2017, 09:50 PM
Bullitt44
Burning Brakes

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by DYSL
I'm surprised that they will actually CPO the car. To my understanding they only CPO cars with revs below range 3. My guess is they realize that 997.2 GT3's do not show up as dealer inventory that often so they are going to push the CPO through.

My advice is to wait it out and pass on this one. If you are going to keep it forever, then it doesn't really matter as long as it's equipped the way you want it.

But if you plan on moving it later, the Rev report will never go away. It's like an accident on Car Fax. And no matter how well you know the dealer and brand ambassador, the day you trade it back into the dealer you bought it from, they're going to tell you that it has an overrev.
CPO: Unless details have changed can not be completed over type 3 rev range and sometimes type 4's that are at least 200 hours old. I thought type 5 over rev was a CPO deal breaker.
---
I see that you purchased the car! Enjoy and all the luck! Car looks great!
Old 02-03-2017, 10:01 PM
Accel Junky
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bullitt44
CPO: Unless details have changed can not be completed over type 3 rev range and sometimes type 4's that are at least 200 hours old. I thought type 5 over rev was a CPO deal breaker.
---
I see that you purchased the car! Enjoy and all the luck! Car looks great!
I have the technical bulletin, range 5 can be CPOd after 200 hours and after several tests are confirmed by PCNA.

Thanks! It's awesome so far.
Old 02-04-2017, 12:11 PM
4ocious
Three Wheelin'

Received 161 Likes on 111 Posts

One range 5 for .019 of a second is probably an anomaly. Are there any range 4's? If so, how many? If there's quite a few then that may be a better indicator that the car was driven aggressively. If not, I wouldn't worry about one "heart beat" range 5 and enjoy the car. IMO, at least from the turbo side there is way too much hype and misinformation about DME reports.
Old 02-04-2017, 10:11 PM
Skwerl
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 185 Posts

It would seem the usual consensus on Rennlist is that any car with a single 4/5/6 on the DME deserves nothing but to be crushed at the junkyard and then dropped in the middle of the ocean where it can't harm anyone.

Quick Reply: What would you do? Range 5 Over rev CPO'd 997.2 GT3