Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

FS: 2010 Porsche GT3 with great options

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2014, 04:29 PM
997s07
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by FriedEgg
Too funny....I'm just letting anyone who cares to know that the red car had body work done, and was not commenting on the "market".
So what if the other cars have not moved?...those who NEED to sell will lower the price to match a buyer's willingness to pay for that specific car, and those who DO NOT NEED to sell, will not. Simple. These types of cars have historically been slow to trade at this time of the year. Not all cars are the same...mileage, condition, color and options all play large roles between one that sells at or above asking, and one that sits.

I don't have a dog in the fight...but sounds more like you're on a mission to justify your own sale price, or purchase price of another. Good luck in finding your .1. Lol
I'm not the only one who read your comment in the "market" context.

Thanks for the good luck wish, I'll need it given how my "mission" is not yet over.
Old 11-29-2014, 05:13 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

^ your are partly correct. 2010-11 GT3 are not 115+ cars, unless it's unique. there are many things that can make a car "unique, or speccial or whatever". that's another story. so if listed at 115-120 they likely will not sell.

.1gt can be had from 75-100. again 100 is way high, but there are cars that will suit that high price for the right guy. rare however.

.1RS varies WILDLY. color and miles.

and unfortunately P has become ferrariesque. miles DO matter and matters A LOT. a 5000 mile car vs a 10,000 mile car could be 10-20k delta everything being the same. a 500 mile car vs a 5000 miles can be as much as 30-50,000$ in difference.

.1 are 7 years old now.
you have buyers buying them as their best car in the garage. they stretched to make their dream. they are very sensitive to price fluctuatoion and are willing to put up with color and or option/mile compromises.

you have buyers who feel .1 are cheap and buy them to strip, abuse and drive into the ground. hard to believe, but they do exist. i did that with 996gt3 when they were 65000. i didn't drive it into the ground, i drove it into a wall and flew over a fence. again, not kidding and we have many witnesses on RL of my flight.

then you have ppl who were asleep in 07-08 but woke up today. some of them have very little financial restrictions. if they see the color, option, miles they want, they do not compare what they pay against mkt value. for this group of buyers, they see something, they ask themselves "do i like it?", then ask the seller "how much you want". they then call private client services and a wire is executed the same day. sounds strange, but this is very common. i once received a call to wire $9M for some plane a client wanted and he wanted it wired NOW.

so when a car is adverstised, it may be overpriced for one mkt but not for another mkt.

finally, internet makes the entire country or even world one market place where you can see cars located everywhere. but sometimes, it's a bit like real estate, location matters in that CA prices just seem higher.... then there are ppl like me, i like cars near me and wont shop out of state. it could be 20k cheaper in KS, but unless that's the ONLY car out there, it wont interest me. if such car was in nor cal peninsula, i may go see it and buy on the spot for no reason. there are more irrational buyers like me then you would think.

think peninsula housing prices. $1.5M buys you 1500 sf on 5000 sf lot. and guess what, if you dont bid OVER asking price, you will NEVER get to buy one. the strange porsche mkt is approaching that kind of irrational mkt behavior.
Old 11-29-2014, 06:14 PM
FLT6SPD
Rennlist Member

Received 592 Likes on 259 Posts

This is the same way my last two purchases happened, you pull the trigger sight unseen (pics at the most) if you want it. I think i even contacted you for an RS but I was a couple days late.

Originally Posted by mooty
for this group of buyers, they see something, they ask themselves "do i like it?", then ask the seller "how much you want". they then call private client services and a wire is executed the same day. sounds strange, but this is very common.
Old 11-29-2014, 07:53 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

you have buyers who feel .1 are cheap and buy them to strip, abuse and drive into the ground. hard to believe, but they do exist. i did that with 996gt3 when they were 65000. i didn't drive it into the ground, i drove it into a wall and flew over a fence. again, not kidding and we have many witnesses on RL of my flight.

The cheapest part was buying the car. Abuse? no. Drive the hell out of it. Hell yes.
Old 11-29-2014, 08:00 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Test Jet
This is the same way my last two purchases happened, you pull the trigger sight unseen (pics at the most) if you want it. I think i even contacted you for an RS but I was a couple days late.
u got it right. i am sorry that my RS left before u pm me. but the fast triggers often get the best cars. i am sure you got a peach as well!
Old 11-29-2014, 08:01 PM
gotgolf52
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts

Mooty: I am always impress with your knowledge about P cars, I think your insight is spot on. I am one of those irrational, I found something I like, I buy it. But I like to do a little homework to see where the market is. If you don't mind educate me a little more about GT3 values, I am all ears.
Old 11-30-2014, 01:53 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

^ well, you asked the right Q's. after 7 PM's, you should have some insights now.
Old 11-30-2014, 03:40 AM
997s07
Burning Brakes

^ your are partly correct. 2010-11 GT3 are not 115+ cars, unless it's unique. there are many things that can make a car "unique, or speccial or whatever". that's another story. so if listed at 115-120 they likely will not sell.

.1gt can be had from 75-100. again 100 is way high, but there are cars that will suit that high price for the right guy. rare however.

.1RS varies WILDLY. color and miles.

and unfortunately P has become ferrariesque. miles DO matter and matters A LOT. a 5000 mile car vs a 10,000 mile car could be 10-20k delta everything being the same. a 500 mile car vs a 5000 miles can be as much as 30-50,000$ in difference.

.1 are 7 years old now.
you have buyers buying them as their best car in the garage. they stretched to make their dream. they are very sensitive to price fluctuatoion and are willing to put up with color and or option/mile compromises.

then you have ppl who were asleep in 07-08 but woke up today. some of them have very little financial restrictions. if they see the color, option, miles they want, they do not compare what they pay against mkt value. for this group of buyers, they see something, they ask themselves "do i like it?", then ask the seller "how much you want". they then call private client services and a wire is executed the same day. sounds strange, but this is very common. i once received a call to wire $9M for some plane a client wanted and he wanted it wired NOW.

so when a car is adverstised, it may be overpriced for one mkt but not for another mkt.

finally, internet makes the entire country or even world one market place where you can see cars located everywhere. but sometimes, it's a bit like real estate, location matters in that CA prices just seem higher.... then there are ppl like me, i like cars near me and wont shop out of state. it could be 20k cheaper in KS, but unless that's the ONLY car out there, it wont interest me. if such car was in nor cal peninsula, i may go see it and buy on the spot for no reason. there are more irrational buyers like me then you would think.

think peninsula housing prices. $1.5M buys you 1500 sf on 5000 sf lot. and guess what, if you dont bid OVER asking price, you will NEVER get to buy one. the strange porsche mkt is approaching that kind of irrational mkt behavior.
Yup. I see the sales from a banking perspective. I am not in auto finance but know a guy who shares his data. 2010 moves cash around 100K or a little above. 2011 a little more, but not more than 110K or so lately.

Some sellers get lucky and get what they are asking for. Not many nowadays (991 is killing sales slowly believe or not).

The .1 cars are moving up in price, especially the low mileage ones. The atlas grey car at Roslyn Porsche (was on consignment but never disclosed to the buyer) went between 81-82K, not for the asking 85K. It has ~13K miles.
Old 11-30-2014, 11:37 AM
Jlopez55
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 997s07
Yup. I see the sales from a banking perspective. I am not in auto finance but know a guy who shares his data. 2010 moves cash around 100K or a little above. 2011 a little more, but not more than 110K or so lately.

Some sellers get lucky and get what they are asking for. Not many nowadays (991 is killing sales slowly believe or not).

The .1 cars are moving up in price, especially the low mileage ones. The atlas grey car at Roslyn Porsche (was on consignment but never disclosed to the buyer) went between 81-82K, not for the asking 85K. It has ~13K miles.
Why do you insist on commenting about prices in this for sale thread? Why don't you start your own thread and preach there versus littering someone's FS thread and adding ZERO value to it.
Old 11-30-2014, 07:07 PM
switchcars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 468 Likes on 189 Posts

That car had a wee bit of a story, otherwise it would have gone for $85k+ in a New York minute.

Originally Posted by Jlopez55
Why do you insist on commenting about prices in this for sale thread? Why don't you start your own thread and preach there versus littering someone's FS thread and adding ZERO value to it.
Adding zero value? Are you kidding? He's keeping my thread at the top of the forum

Old 12-01-2014, 12:44 AM
997s07
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by switchcars
That car had a wee bit of a story, otherwise it would have gone for $85k+ in a New York minute
What was the story? Just curious.
Old 12-01-2014, 12:50 AM
997s07
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by switchcars

Adding zero value? Are you kidding? He's keeping my thread at the top of the forum
Haha, GLWS.
Old 12-01-2014, 11:01 PM
FriedEgg
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A lot of generalizations in your post. How many data points or transactions helped formulate your world view of the market? All those cars can't possibly be the same. Are there any transactions or trades that you do not see?...What about the cars with body work or stories? I've personally seen and inspected more than a few gt 3, 2, RS, etc. and they represent a pretty wide spectrum of desirability...and hence value. There are cars that trade and are never advertised. You can tell the seller all you want as to why has car is worth x...in comes another guy who pays at above market because he recognized the value of a low mileage car...true event...just happened in early November.
I buy into Mooty's perspectives. GT cars are not commoditized....they are not Honda civics.
Old 12-03-2014, 12:07 PM
cavlino
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Bump for Doug at SwitchCars, great cars and great guy to deal with.
GLWS.

Quick Reply: FS: 2010 Porsche GT3 with great options