Sport Bucket Seat - Airbag/Seatbelt Light

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 12:35 AM
Benihana242
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sport Bucket Seat - Airbag/Seatbelt Light

Hey guys/girls,

I’m having a strange issue. Sometimes when I’m driving, my seatbelt light will come on, but the belt is buckled. It seems to be getting worse, and sometimes the airbag light will be lit, and the belt is unplugged, but it doesn’t register that it is.

Anyway, I took a look, and some pictures. I know the passenger side has the weight sensor etc, but it looks more solid... can anyone who has these seats take a look and let me know if the driver side has only one clip on the underside? Maybe mine is missing one? Also, does anyone know how to unplug/disassemble the seatbelt latch? It could just be a bit dirty/loose. Either way... Sun coast has replacement latches, so I may have to go with that.

For reference, the passenger side is the one that has two “clips” and what looks like a thicker center wire.
Attached Images   
Old 06-10-2016, 09:35 AM
Sneaky Pete
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

I'm thinking the culprit is the receptacle. Maybe at the least get some electric connection cleaner spray like deoxit and shoot of that into the receptacle. To change it: Keep the car key at least 10' from the car so you don't get the airbag light when you put things back together, use a T25(?) socket to remove the (4) bolts on the seat rails (use the seat forward / aft switch to access to the bolts), tip the seat back to expose the wire harness, disconnect the large black plug (it slides apart with some persuasion), within the big plug there is a greenish plug (the receptacle plug) lift the seat out of the car, use a 17mm (?) socket to loosen the bolt that holds the receptacle in place and swap in the new part and put it all back together.
Old 06-10-2016, 03:01 PM
Benihana242
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pete,

Thanks for your detailed reply. I went ahead and ordered a new receptacle from Suncoast. That way I just replace it and don't have to deal with it again, at least not for a while.

Taking the seat out sounds easy enough, I will definitely be looking at your post while I swap parts.

Have a great weekend!
Old 06-10-2016, 03:52 PM
Sneaky Pete
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Benihana242
Pete,

Thanks for your detailed reply. I went ahead and ordered a new receptacle from Suncoast. That way I just replace it and don't have to deal with it again, at least not for a while.

Taking the seat out sounds easy enough, I will definitely be looking at your post while I swap parts.

Have a great weekend!
Also keep in the mind that the greenish plug needs to be orientated in the exact same way it came. Good weekend to you too!
Old 06-10-2016, 04:13 PM
kcheves
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've never had Sport Buckets (congrats...) but I have had problems with other Porsche seat styles where the airbag light comes on if the seat is positioned too far back on the rails, presumably stressing one of the harnesses.

Probably not your problem, but worth checking.

Quick Reply: Sport Bucket Seat - Airbag/Seatbelt Light