Sponsored by:

Center Console touch up

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2015, 05:37 PM
TypeRx
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Center Console touch up

My 997 came with the factory painted console option XCK "Rear Center Console in Aluminum Look".

I have a couple scratches i'd like to touch up and wanted to see if anyone knew of a touch up paint code that matches this.

I know I can get some water-based touch up from Home Depot but figured an enamel touch up would be a better option. Also, I have some Porsche Arctic Silver touch up but it is slightly darker than the aluminum look.

Ideas?
Old 10-11-2015, 09:08 PM
OKB
Three Wheelin'

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

youll never match that, its a special process
Old 10-11-2015, 09:43 PM
Ben Z
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

If it's the same finish as on the steering wheel spoke trim, I had a couple tiny chips on those and used some Dr. Colorchip touchup I had from our silver '03 Merc. It was a good enough match that I'm satisfied, although I can still vaguely see the borderlines of the chips. On the matte finish pieces matched to the interior color I've had good luck touching them up invisibly with Home Depot paint, but on a gloss finish I would be skeptical anything short of a complete respray would truly look invisible. One reason I've shied away from those glossy body-colored consoles, as nice as they look.

Quick Reply: Center Console touch up