Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat covers... Who has them, what materials, recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2015, 05:45 PM
Astur
Rennlist Member

Received 154 Likes on 86 Posts
Default Seat covers... Who has them, what materials, recommendations?

Weather wise living in the tropics is nice but year round intense sun with 75-90 degree temperatures and very high humidity make for sticky/sweaty seating in a car that's been out in the sun a while. This specially in a car with black interiors.

My first Porsche was a 1990 964-C4 Arena Red with black interiors and back then I "solved the problem" by installing fitted black sheepskin covers. I wasn't the prettiest thing to look at but after a while I sort of got used them and they became unnoticeable (at least to me). They did however solve the problem of being able to sit in a car that had been out in the sun for some time. It also solved the sweaty shirt and pant backs!

After having gone over to the "dark side" with MB and BMW for many years, back in May of this year I got a chance to pick up a pristine 2009 997.2 Carrera (non S) Guards Red, PDK, Sports Chrono, 15K miles and yes, black interiors!

I realize that most of you probably shun the use of seat covers but my climate, sitting and getting in and out of the car can really wreck havoc on the leather seats.

So although its been a while, I'm basically back to the same dilemma and was wondering what any of you guys have come up with as far as seat covers goes. Any recommendations or insight would be greatly appreciated... even if you don't use them!
Old 09-05-2015, 08:47 PM
OKB
Three Wheelin'

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

Ive got a weathershield hd and it is pretty good

Quick Reply: Seat covers... Who has them, what materials, recommendations?