Sponsored by:

Paint stripper over car!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 03:20 PM
bigozuk
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paint stripper over car!

Big thanks to the little ***** that covered my car with caustic and slashed all my tires. If I get my hands on you I will kill you!
Attached Images    
Old 12-05-2014, 03:23 PM
Little Green
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 47 Posts

I am not sure what to say, that is painful to see. Hope the cops find the person that did that to your car.
Old 12-05-2014, 03:36 PM
bigozuk
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Little Green
I am not sure what to say, that is painful to see. Hope the cops find the person that did that to your car.
the cops did catch him - silly idiot was the only person staying in the holiday park that wasn't over the age of 65, but the police cant touch him because no one saw him do it! turns out hes a problem child (only 14) who was there with his carer as a treat for recent good behaviour!

we even found a large kitchen knife that he had used to cut the tyres lying outside his holiday home - but this isn't enough evidence to charge him apparently!

that's justice for you!

spoilt what was a really great holiday in loch Lomond (Scotland)

only saving grace is that the holiday park owner gave me the name and address of his carer - so guess who will be getting a visit in the middle of the night!
Old 12-05-2014, 03:49 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Wow. Sorry. Did it etch the paint? Hopefully a full paint correction, and 4 new tires and you're good to go. Car might look better than new, and paid for by your insurance. Good luck.
Old 12-05-2014, 03:50 PM
jeffrec
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those pictures turn my stomach. There are idiots like that all over the world, my wife had her 2013 Mercedes keyed in a secure parking lot the first week she owned it. I think the attendant did it out sheer spite. Fortunately it was only 12" long on the door so we had to have it repainted.

What is it that was poured all over your car?
Old 12-05-2014, 04:08 PM
bigozuk
Intermediate

Originally Posted by LexVan
Wow. Sorry. Did it etch the paint? Hopefully a full paint correction, and 4 new tires and you're good to go. Car might look better than new, and paid for by your insurance. Good luck.
I agree I'm looking forward to getting it back fully restored, but its going to need a full body respray as the paint has etched, all wheels are etched so they need a refurb, all lights have melted/etched so need to be replaced. the mirrors have melted and the tyres are all shot - so its going to be a hefty repair bill.

we think its an industrial oven cleaner that's been used, (it would have to be something that the guy had lying around in his caravan) it melted anything plastic - the paint almost went undamaged, but it was on too long and has etched the paint enough to need a respray.
Old 12-05-2014, 04:29 PM
Ezkill
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow...I'm so sorry.

Good on you for handling it with so much patience and class. Must have been tempting to go buy a ski mask and lay down your own version of the law. I'm betting the police may have turned a blind eye if no one saw you do it.

It's kind of the sad reality of owning nice cars. My wife always asks me why I have these vehicles and don't drive them more places. The answer is because of experiences like you just had. Between shopping cats, valets and public parking it's just not worth it. I'm OCD about my paint. The irony is that I'll drive our 2009 Escape most places that have shopping carts and public parking and in the 5 years we've owned it now it doesn't have a scratch or ding. Yet the last time I was forced to park one of the nice cars at home depot I had to dive to intercept a shopping cart 5 seconds after I walked away from the car.
Old 12-05-2014, 04:33 PM
Hella-Buggin'
Rennlist Member

Received 323 Likes on 179 Posts

Man, I am so sorry. I can't even imagine the level of heartbreaking rage that would consume me. I know that I would never be able to let this go. I would keep tabs on him for the rest of his life and exact revenge every time I had a bad day. Not that I condone that behavior, it would be best to move on, but I know I couldn't.

Hopefully you're a stronger man than me.
Old 12-05-2014, 04:51 PM
Fracture
Rennlist Member

Received 251 Likes on 173 Posts

wow,...just wow, incredible how law enforcement just hands it off to insurance companies

that should be classified as criminal damage to property and he should be held accountable
Old 12-05-2014, 05:09 PM
Saaboteur
Burning Brakes

Received 96 Likes on 60 Posts

There's a special place in hell reserved for such people. Very sorry for what happened, hopefully you'll get some resolution to it soon.

Reminds me of a bit from the movie 'Pulp Fiction':

LANCE
Still got your Malibu?

VINCENT
You know what some ****er did to it
the other day?

LANCE
What?

VINCENT
****in' keyed it.

LANCE
Oh man, that's ****ed up.

VINCENT
Tell me about it. I had the goddamn
thing in storage three years. It's
out five ****in' days – five days,
and some dickless piece of **** ****s
with it.

LANCE
They should be ****in' killed. No
trial, no jury, straight to execution.

VINCENT
I just wish I caught 'em doin' it,
ya know? Oh man, I'd give anything
to catch 'em doin' it. It'a been
worth his doin' it, if I coulda just
caught 'em, you know what I mean?

LANCE
It's chicken ****. You don't ****
another man's vehicle.
Old 12-05-2014, 05:40 PM
KrazyK
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

That's just awful. In the U.S. you could probably seek civil remedy (much easier to prove) from the parents but they may be broke POS's as well. Sorry to see such mindless destruction. It looks really wet there. Maybe paint will be OK?

Did they check the little punks, hands, clothes, etc? Were the police even interested and helpful?
Old 12-05-2014, 05:58 PM
CAVU
Rennlist Member

Received 353 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by KrazyK
That's just awful. In the U.S. you could probably seek civil remedy (much easier to prove) from the parents but they may be broke POS's as well.
The insurance company may go after them in civil court to recover the damages since the insurance company is on the hook.
Old 12-05-2014, 06:14 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

And an honorable parent would take on the responsibility of their troubled 14 year old.
Old 12-05-2014, 07:48 PM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,421 Likes on 863 Posts

That kid has issues and may never be happy.... poor kid. Too bad we bear the costs.

It is just a car... they will fix it and it and as Lex said, it may come out like new.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Old 12-05-2014, 09:30 PM
Doug_B_928
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Those pics make me nauseated. What a senseless act of vandalism. I feel your pain and hope that the car is restored to your complete satisfaction.

Quick Reply: Paint stripper over car!