Sponsored by:

Help me decide on buying a 997

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 01:53 PM
3Series
Three Wheelin'

Received 113 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by SPDST3R

The question is, will you pay more for a low mileage 2S with Audi's 3-yr warranty or the higher mileage 4S with CPO is still the better deal? Or is it at $62K?

I don't understand the question. I also don't know how/why would Audi warranty a Porsche. I would clarify the warranty from the dealer, sounds like an aftermarket dealer warranty.
Old 10-28-2014, 02:05 PM
DC911S
Drifting

Received 247 Likes on 154 Posts

Sounds like a Fidelity warranty. Thats what I bought a few weeks ago. 3 years or 36K miles, for 2100 engine and powertrain.
Old 10-28-2014, 03:09 PM
SPDST3R
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's right, it is an aftermarket warranty which I believe is offered by Fidelity. So I talked to them again and I was told that the 2S will also come with a Fabspeed exhaust.

I'm really torn between these two cars. The 2S has everything I want with low mileage while the 4S has most of the things and... it's a 4S.
Old 10-28-2014, 03:53 PM
3Series
Three Wheelin'

Received 113 Likes on 84 Posts

That's right, it is an aftermarket warranty which I believe is offered by Fidelity. So I talked to them again and I was told that the 2S will also come with a Fabspeed exhaust.

I'm really torn between these two cars. The 2S has everything I want with low mileage while the 4S has most of the things and... it's a 4S.
I just re-read the post.

Take the 997.2 with the lower mileage.
Old 10-28-2014, 10:46 PM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,059 Likes on 743 Posts

Only you can decide. I'm partial to the widebodies so C4S for me but you're guaranteed to hear from someone else who'll make a case for the C2S. And on it goes. You won't find your answer here. Decide what's important to you and ignore what's important to strangers on the internet.
Old 10-28-2014, 10:53 PM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Can you do me a favor? Can you get a camera and stand back about 15 feet and level it about roof height. Then take some good pictures. Then post it here and I will decide who has a better *** for you.

After you can sleep well knowing you made a sound purchase.
Old 10-29-2014, 01:08 PM
SPDST3R
Advanced

Originally Posted by sandwedge
Only you can decide. I'm partial to the widebodies so C4S for me but you're guaranteed to hear from someone else who'll make a case for the C2S. And on it goes. You won't find your answer here. Decide what's important to you and ignore what's important to strangers on the internet.
I know it's gonna come down to that. I was just wondering what the consensus is between 2S and 4S. From what I have gathered, it seems like a lot of of the folks would always go for the wide body. It's just hard to pass up on the fully optioned 2S with a very low mileage.
Old 10-29-2014, 01:51 PM
Jaye Bass
Burning Brakes

Received 274 Likes on 135 Posts

I know it's gonna come down to that. I was just wondering what the consensus is between 2S and 4S. From what I have gathered, it seems like a lot of of the folks would always go for the wide body. It's just hard to pass up on the fully optioned 2S with a very low mileage.
Coming from a 964, my C2S seems in comparison to have a Inez sized booty...

I guess it depends on your perspective.

Old 10-30-2014, 03:28 PM
SPDST3R
Advanced

Just got the carfax report on the 2S. Transmission was replaced at 5K miles. Bummer! If I go with the 4S, how easy is it to replace the sport bucket seat with a standard or sport adaptive seat?
Old 10-30-2014, 05:04 PM
Jaye Bass
Burning Brakes

Received 274 Likes on 135 Posts

Just got the carfax report on the 2S. Transmission was replaced at 5K miles. Bummer! If I go with the 4S, how easy is it to replace the sport bucket seat with a standard or sport adaptive seat?
Why is that a bummer? My motor was rebuilt a year and a half ago under a Fidelity warranty...metal in the oil filter. I view the repair as a plus....and I still have 2.5 years left on the warranty.
Old 10-30-2014, 06:15 PM
BrakingBad
Drifting

Received 97 Likes on 67 Posts

What's the problem buying a car with a warranty repair? It's more of a plus than a minus.

Transplanting the seats is a few bolts and an electric connector or two.

Quick Reply: Help me decide on buying a 997