Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suncoast parts arrived, trim and accessories - feels like Christmas!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 02:29 AM
Wayne Smith
Rennlist Member

Received 1,251 Likes on 805 Posts

Originally Posted by shoot2score67

And I thought I was the only one with a wife who uses a head pillow. Loni can sleep anytime, in any car, at any speed! Though color matching... well, that's taking it to a whole new level!

Nice you've put so many miles already. I really need to get hustling. Probably do a Napa run in a few weeks.

I'm enjoying 6MT, but next one will be PDK. In rush hour on 101, it can be a bear alright. Plus then my wife can drive. No, wait, that would be a nerve-wracking situation...maybe three pedals are best for now.
I'm laughing as I read this ... It could be straight out of my own mouth! For what it's worth, too many broken backs have made my left leg weak (or at least less controllable) so I opted for PDK. I have read people who state that the 991 is better, but I don't see how. My tranny reads my mind, or at least my throttle foot. It is fully controllable and IMHO it is incredible ... real magic. I highly recommend it.
Old 10-21-2014, 08:00 PM
Z00mie
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 31 Posts

Awesome car and color!
Old 10-22-2014, 03:16 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,730 Likes on 4,282 Posts

Originally Posted by energetik9
Congrats. I simply ordered the clear side markers and got all excited about those too I'm a new owner myself. I hadn't seen the truck liner before. I like it. Might have to order that for myself. Congrats on the purchase, I have the same interior as you!
For those of you 997 owners that plan to put enough stuff in the frunk to need a liner, the other frunk accessory you may want to consider is a Das Shield hood protector. This is a thick plastic piece that fits the molded section on the underside of the front hood and will help protect the hood from damage if you get overzealous stuffing the liner box. It finishes the look when the hood is up and fits without any mods - should've come this way from the factory. Do a search and I think Sun coast sells it too. There are also some group buys from time to time.

I have them in both my 997s.
Old 10-22-2014, 03:29 PM
energetik9
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
For those of you 997 owners that plan to put enough stuff in the frunk to need a liner, the other frunk accessory you may want to consider is a Das Shield hood protector. This is a thick plastic piece that fits the molded section on the underside of the front hood and will help protect the hood from damage if you get overzealous stuffing the liner box. It finishes the look when the hood is up and fits without any mods - should've come this way from the factory. Do a search and I think Sun coast sells it too. There are also some group buys from time to time.

I have them in both my 997s.
Thanks for the tip. So far, I have kept very little in the um....frunk, but the thought did occur to me about how stable any gear in the front was. I'd only buy the front liner purely for aesthetics and keeping the area clean, but do like the idea. I'll look into them both. Thanks!

Love your 914 btw. One of my best friends had one years ago (not the 2.0). Always loved that car. I think he regrets selling it to this day.

Quick Reply: Suncoast parts arrived, trim and accessories - feels like Christmas!