GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sat in west LA traffic
Old 09-28-2011, 01:49 AM
seapar
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Today nothing in san jose visiting Mom. But yesterday drove 3 HR in the rain at pacific raceways with Proformance Driving school. Car did great.Used whole tank of gas. Got my solo cert. for lapping events.
The following users liked this post:
ru_stupid2 (02-12-2021)
Old 09-28-2011, 03:32 AM
simsgw
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by jakes dad
Picked it up from the Porsche dealer for the third repair in one month...
Oxygen sensors
HPFP
Lugging during acceleration...(couldn't find anything this time)(2009 911S coupe)
Had the check book in my pocket in case I needed to buy a new coupe.
I swear I thought the new 991's were out already.... I guess I'm a year off....I thought the 991 was coming out in 2012??????

They game me a Panamera 4 as a loaner.... 6 cylinder and quite nice... I suspect that if I can get this 911 running perfectly then I may pick up a black Panamera for my wife... I would help her drive it of course.
Yes, I helped Cindy drive her NSX also. That's what marriage is all about, right? Helping each other?

Incidentally, I thought the 991's were going to be here too. I got invited to put my name on a test drive list "for November." I said I wanted to try out a couple of the options on the 997 ahead of time, like PDK. So while at the dealership, I got two more opinions of when they would arrive: "Mid to late January" said one salesman. ('My' salesman wasn't there the day my HPFP service was scheduled.) "No," says the other one, "I heard early December." Sensing my irritation, the salesman brought around my Cabriolet with PDK to combine two of those options I asked about, but while I was out roaming the hills, he arranged things. When I came back, the Sales Manager invited me into his office and discussed it.

This is one of the premier dealerships. They usually have a good supply of GT3, GT2, GTS and Speedster, that sort of inventory. He said he might get the first 991's off the ship in December, but he had no expectations either way, "but if you offered me $30k over MSRP, they still wouldn't let me sell it to you until mid-January. I can put your name near the top of the list though."

I declined until I've at least seen one for all love. And I'm generally a guy who likes to drive a car before I make any promises. I admit they look a lot better in the literature than they did in all the spy shots or even the intro videos, and I like the sound of the new options. But I think we need to be patient.

So that's the other thing I did to my 997 today. I motivated it by walking past with a 991 brochure in hand. Track day Monday. We'll see if it got the idea.

Gary
Old 09-28-2011, 08:23 AM
mzn50
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Picked up my wife and daughter.. (daughter was happy but not thrilled to sit in back with school bag)Removed enormous bug splats from this weekend.. c'mon scientist.. invent the forcefield already !!!
James78targa (03-17-2020)
Old 09-28-2011, 09:09 AM
mleddy
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had my 09 C4S for six months now. I've lubricated, clayed, washed, sealed, glazed, waxed, and detail sprayed her more than any car I've ever owned. Drove to work in the rain today, can't wait to see how she'll handle in the snow. Damn these cars are cool. (no mods, no plans)
Old 09-28-2011, 09:17 AM
PasPar2
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

scoured the web for one... again (almost daily now)
Old 09-28-2011, 10:58 AM
jason74
Instructor

Noticed how dirty it is. Then dropped my 2 year old off at preschool and drove the 40 mile one way commute. At least he tells me to go faster instead of slower. Wife does it the other way. I wish they would have designed a speedo that can't be seen from passenger seat.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:45 PM
jimand7
Instructor

bought snow tires and trying to figure out some snow rims..thinking BBS CH-R? thoughts?
Old 09-28-2011, 01:10 PM
McCulla
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Expanding on the "force field" comment...I've often sat in traffic or in a drive through fantasizing about some sort of automotive surface particulate dis-attachment coating that would be activated by the touch of a button in the cockpit. You get in your car, push the button and all of the "particles" (dirt/dust/bugs/brake dust/etc.) would simply fall of. It would have to be connected to the wheels as well, of course. All this stuff sticks via some small forces that HAVE to be amenable to being reversed. Sort of like the inflatable de-icing "bags" on some aircraft wings, but on the molecular level. Anyone know where I can get this?
Old 09-28-2011, 03:49 PM
hpowders
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I brought the car back to Porsche because the wrong kind of thunder is coming through the speakers. New amp needed. Covered by CPO warranty. Gracias a Dios!!
Old 09-28-2011, 04:11 PM
simsgw
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by McCulla
Expanding on the "force field" comment...I've often sat in traffic or in a drive through fantasizing about some sort of automotive surface particulate dis-attachment coating that would be activated by the touch of a button in the cockpit. You get in your car, push the button and all of the "particles" (dirt/dust/bugs/brake dust/etc.) would simply fall of. It would have to be connected to the wheels as well, of course. All this stuff sticks via some small forces that HAVE to be amenable to being reversed. Sort of like the inflatable de-icing "bags" on some aircraft wings, but on the molecular level. Anyone know where I can get this?
Send one bag of gold to Porsche Debuggers LLC. Weekly. We will send progress reports. At least quarterly.

Gary, Chief Debugger
Old 09-28-2011, 04:14 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

i am picking my car back from the shop - got new clutch, new flywheel, GT Gears TBD, new rms, new (stock) AOS, new alignment, new serpentain belt, what else... will know better after i get back to my senses from looking at total labor bill.
cjarrett (01-17-2022)
Old 09-28-2011, 08:47 PM
ecostellodo
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts

new rock chip in the windshield :-(
Old 09-28-2011, 08:53 PM
slicky rick
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 44 Posts

she is kept underneath that beautiful silky lingerie - indoor car cover...ran my hand over her beautiful curves...
Old 09-29-2011, 10:34 AM
BHMav8r
Rennlist Member

Received 2,647 Likes on 1,673 Posts

Dropped my daughter off at school. Then starred at it out the window at work while researching mods on R-list.
James78targa (03-17-2020)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your 997 today?