oem pcm 3.0 ipod/input adapter

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 12:44 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default oem pcm 3.0 ipod/input adapter

was reading here: https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...on-review.html

is the newest ipod adapter still modulated or does it directly connect into the PCM?

im debating getting the ipod adapter but i would like perfect quality sound and control via the PCM.. i was told by some it even shows album art on the new 997.2 but from the link above sounds like its almost a ghetto rigged addon?

anyone have it? like/love/hate?
Old 08-08-2009, 12:47 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

My Ipod adpater in my new 09 is the easiest I have ever used. THe one in my 09 AMG sucked. I never got it to work. This one plugs in, push ipod on the PCM and music is flowing in this case Nirvana
Old 08-08-2009, 12:49 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by OldGuy
My Ipod adpater in my new 09 is the easiest I have ever used. THe one in my 09 AMG sucked. I never got it to work. This one plugs in, push ipod on the PCM and music is flowing in this case Nirvana
does it show album art/all songs/playlists and such? also im guessing ipod is in "source" then.. so u gotta click source and click ipod rather than clicking tuner? or does it add to source and tuner
Old 08-08-2009, 12:56 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Yup, Ipod is listed under source. It shows everthing Artist album tracklist etc and playlist lists
Old 08-08-2009, 03:05 PM
stevepow
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm not seeing any Album Art on mine - that would be cool. But no.

Otherwise it works great. I did notice a dramatic sound improvement switching to a new 120GB Classic from my older (5G???)80GB.
Old 08-09-2009, 10:00 AM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,688 Likes on 1,426 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
was reading here: https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...on-review.html

is the newest ipod adapter still modulated or does it directly connect into the PCM?

im debating getting the ipod adapter but i would like perfect quality sound and control via the PCM.. i was told by some it even shows album art on the new 997.2 but from the link above sounds like its almost a ghetto rigged addon?

anyone have it? like/love/hate?
No album art but full access to playlists, albums, artists, genre etc. It functions very well, is directly connected to and controlled from the PCM. It's not the earlier FM Modulator unit.

Still, CD's still sound sharper and it would have been nice to be able to download music to the HDD like on a BMW or Volkswagen.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:18 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I agree with the Aggie.(did you hear about the Aggie who bought snow tires? then melted.)
I would have like a Hard drive. My AMG had one and it was nice.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:31 PM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by aggie57
No album art but full access to playlists, albums, artists, genre etc. It functions very well, is directly connected to and controlled from the PCM. It's not the earlier FM Modulator unit.

Still, CD's still sound sharper and it would have been nice to be able to download music to the HDD like on a BMW or Volkswagen.
Hm... putting user stuff on the HD... think of the issues that could cause if the drive needs replacing or you fill up the drive with songs.

I'm perfectly happy to store things on a USB flash drive or an iPod. The only issue is the changed charging system Apple implemented on the latest iWidgets and the need for a special charging cable for use with them.

The 09 factory installed interface may well be different than add-on interfaces sold for cars that did not come with the factory installed option. I imagine add-on interfaces would be FM modulated.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:02 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,688 Likes on 1,426 Posts

Originally Posted by OldGuy
I agree with the Aggie.(did you hear about the Aggie who bought snow tires? then melted.).
Or "The Fightin' Texas Aggie Band". Never heard of them until just now - amazing thing that Google search!
Old 08-11-2009, 10:01 AM
Kevin123
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The iPod part works well.

You just can't have something plugged into the AUX jack at the same time (i.e. a satellite radio)

If you do, both signals are wired together and it puts a load on the stereo system pulling the signal levels down.
Old 08-11-2009, 05:28 PM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Damn, I keep meaning to confirm that in my car. I need to dig out that old discman...

Quick Reply: oem pcm 3.0 ipod/input adapter