Sponsored by:

Looking for 996tt s

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 03:56 PM
Ellale01
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for 996tt s

Hi, would appreciate any leads on a 996 turbo s.
Looking for a coupe, manual. Not too fussy on colors.
Will be driven, so not looking for a museum piece.
Have seen a couple advertised for 100k. Not looking to pay that much, but if anyone knows of a well maintained, low mileage example please give me a PM or reply.

Im located in East Bay of Nor Cal. Private PCA buyer. Happily travel for the right car.

Thanks all,
Alex
Old 01-26-2017, 04:22 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,240 Likes on 1,444 Posts

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-turb...l#post13892537
Old 01-26-2017, 07:58 PM
Road King
Three Wheelin'

Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Ellale01
Have seen a couple advertised for 100k. Not looking to pay that much, but if anyone knows of a well maintained, low mileage example please give me a PM or reply.

Im located in East Bay of Nor Cal. Private PCA buyer. Happily travel for the right car.

Thanks all,
Alex
Hi Alex,

If you're not looking for a museum piece, why specifically are you considering a Turbo S, which was made only in 2005? The driving experience will be the same with an X50 car, or just about any well tuned non-X50 car.

The production #s for '05s are really small, and I've only seen a few Turbo S cars for sale in recent memory. Not saying you can't find one, but it's not going to be easy.

That being said, I'm across the bay, if you want to ride in lightly modded and well tuned 100 octane swilling non X50 base model Turbo, let me know. It runs pretty well...
Old 01-28-2017, 12:01 PM
jegermiester
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks all,
Alex
I know this one doesn't fit the criteria that you're looking for....but thought I'd go ahead and post as an FYI and for price point comparison.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/232220147414?ul_noapp=true
Old 01-29-2017, 07:50 PM
docboy
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...5-turbo-s.html
Old 04-13-2017, 07:46 PM
Ellale01
Advanced

thanks for the replies. I hadnt responded as someone had contacted me with a 2005 TTS. I did a PPI, flew from San Fran to New Hampshire to get there and walk away. Very frustrating. Although the owner disclosed an accident, when i saw the car in person there was over spray down the passenger door rubber and on the windscreen, which was inconsistent with the accident damage the owner reported. Very frustrating, more so that Porsche did not note any of this in the PPI. Really makes me concerned about buying a car from distance without viewing, even with a PPI from Porsche.
Old 04-13-2017, 07:49 PM
Ellale01
Advanced

I have found another TTS in Atlanta for sale through a dealership. Around 50k miles and a clean carfax. Im discussing that car as an option. Anyone in MARIETTA, Atlanta that can take a look at it for me? I dont want to waste another long flight :-)
Old 04-13-2017, 08:02 PM
brastewa
AutoX

Good afternoon, while I know this isn't a TTS-I have a 2003 TT, X50, PCCB, polar silver, black leather interior w/ yellow deviated stitching. It currently has just over 18k miles and is in near perfect condition. I'm located in SoCal-essentially this car is a TTS without the badge. All that being said, we recently found out that we will be moving back to the Midwest. I'm on the fence about keeping it, love the car but logistically might be a bit challenging to bring to our new home. Passed all carb requirements, recent annual service, near complete service history in fact. PM me If interested, I'd be open to a discussion. If not interested, no worries and good luck with the search.
Old 04-13-2017, 11:30 PM
jeanmarcboilard
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

thanks for the replies. I hadnt responded as someone had contacted me with a 2005 TTS. I did a PPI, flew from San Fran to New Hampshire to get there and walk away. Very frustrating. Although the owner disclosed an accident, when i saw the car in person there was over spray down the passenger door rubber and on the windscreen, which was inconsistent with the accident damage the owner reported. Very frustrating, more so that Porsche did not note any of this in the PPI. Really makes me concerned about buying a car from distance without viewing, even with a PPI from Porsche.
I had a terrible experience with a PPI from a Porsche dealership, missed a bunch of stuff.
Old 04-14-2017, 12:42 AM
Ellale01
Advanced

Originally Posted by jeanmarcboilard
I had a terrible experience with a PPI from a Porsche dealership, missed a bunch of stuff.
I know. I spent a further $800 and 24 hours round trip on the basis of the PPI giving the car the all clear. I looked at the car for all of 10 seconds before seeing the paint issues and had to tell the seller i wasn't going to buy the car. He was honorable enough to refund my $1000 deposit at least. I have contacted Porsche of Nashua 3 times regarding the issue and they fob be off to the service manager who is never available and has not returned my call. I would like to think that they might at least refund the money i paid for the PPI given it was baloney.

The car was listed on ebay a week later and the auction ended within a day. No doubt someone else bought it blind. It justified my decision at least to fly to inspect the car even after having had the PPI done by Porsche.
Old 04-14-2017, 12:57 AM
highlander
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeanmarcboilard
+1

Never again will I trust a Porsche dealership PPI. Either a trusted Indy PPI, or a chance to look at a car on lift after an extensive test drive for me.

Good luck on your search. Be sure to check out our NorCal TT Facebook group when you find one.
PM me for details.
Old 04-14-2017, 03:15 PM
jeanmarcboilard
Pro

Another good option would be to ask here if a fellow 996tt owner is local and to check it out. We know what to look for.
Old 04-14-2017, 04:13 PM
Ellale01
Advanced

Yes, would like to find someone in the Marietta Atlanta area to check it out.
Old 04-14-2017, 04:52 PM
32krazy!
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

see if the car can be sent to freed performance in cumming ga or buckhead imports in atl. both shops can do a proper ppi
Old 04-14-2017, 05:05 PM
jeanmarcboilard
Pro

Dock is from Atlanta. You could ask him to have a look.

Quick Reply: Looking for 996tt s